Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Finding out that something about you is a bit weird can be startling! Once in the changing room before practice I made fun of one of the guys for not having shoulder dimples and that's how I found out I was the weird one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

kimbo305 posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/4ghAxNS
When I make a romantic dinner for two, I also plate the forks the same way and put glasses on the same side.

That picture is so grim

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

If I came home to that I'd assume the other person hated me. Like how bad is it that those people who post pictures of a romantic meal with their body pillows have better lighting, food, and less creepy vibes than this.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

kimbo305 posted:

He edited into his post a link to proof that he had a gf, but then removed it.

What was the link?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The term is Autistic-American or person of autism

fake edit: I have had this tab open a long time

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Women are just stupid sluts who make up creepy pms like that for attention, I make sure to tell them that when I start sending them abuse for not responding to me on tinder. loving cunts.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think some dumber people don't realise how much the lighting in a room changes your eye colour either. I have bright blue eyes but in shade or dim lighting they'll look almost brown if you're not up close. Also almost everyone is super bad at remembering eye colour in others so it wouldn't surprise me if some thicko thought "wow my eyes are way brighter than last time" when really they look the exacta same.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

bringmyfishback posted:

Um, that is literally insane.

No, I don't believe that is normal at all.

Perhaps I was an exceptionally ugly child?

I'd wear tiny shorts and say I was anyone's for a packet of biscuits but they all only had eyes for Duncan Cooney, the doe eyed little slut.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

FAROOQ posted:

If women don't want to be called out for making up bullshit, they should stop making up bullshit :shrug:

Liars should be called out :agreed:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

We had a history teacher who couldn't pronounce numbers greater than 99,999. The first time it happened she was reading about some genocide and I sat in front of her and half-whispered the number and from then on she designated me "number guy" and I had to read out all numbers greater than 99,999 we came across. So yeah we all have our burdens, some greater than others.

e: If it's not clear mine is the greater burden because I couldn't play snake on my phone in case we unexpectedly hit another human atrocity

e2: And some of those numbers were tricky even for a top-flight pro like myself

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 20:33 on Apr 28, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I meant 99,999 :doh:

Stuff like 104,782 would give her awful trouble never mind 2,563,801

e: You can't tell but I'm absolutely crushing these out loud at home.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I saw that image retweeted but tracked down the original article by a guy called Rod Dreher for The American Conservative

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/america-at-the-movies-2016-transgender/

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

GokuVegetaFistbump.gif

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

kimbo305 posted:

That's one of the things you get issued when you become a Kingsmen.

How unexpectedly great was that film though?

A lot of these troper tales just sound mental or dumb rather than stdh imho :shobon:

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 23:28 on May 15, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I really liked the SmooveB Onion articles too.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

hyperhazard posted:

That whole article is gold.

Real dialogue spoken by real people.

You need to focus on the positives that black people have! I notice you have a nice pair of Jordans there. Straps instead of laces on them? I have a suggestion for you...

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

e: poo poo that didn't happen: me reading the thread before posting.

You're swift ;)

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yes, clearly it was an ploy where she had a person she doesn't even follow make himself look stupid on purpose, and not the kind of thing that happens on twitter every drat day. Follow literally any prominent female public figure (especially if they're in male-dominated fields) and see for yourself.

I swear this thread is so jaded that nothing entertaining could possibly be real to goons.

"I went to the shop"

"You didn't say you were wearing shoes! Fake and gay"

sweeperbravo posted:

A lot of stuff that slides into this thread isn't actually stdh but just stupid poo poo where you wonder why the author bothered to go to the trouble. Lot of content-type overlap with the idiots on social media thread

I'd say like 50% of the thread at least

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Tbf boner jokes are very subtle and complex so it's often difficult to recognise them

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

PYF needs to just shut the gently caress about rape in every single lighthearted internet thread imo, the pedantic bullshit was way better than this :wooper:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My favourite part is it sounds like these studies have been hidden away or oppressed by the fat shaming ruling class.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I believe he sent it I don't believe he did it by accident. Accidental selfies are great too

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MizPiz posted:

Just so we're on the same page, the stdh is this conversation, or is that just me?

The conversation is legitimate but if you look very closely there's actually no picture there.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You guys must think the bible was a much sexier book than it actually is.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Why's this dude loving the Samaritan that tried to help him?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Motherfucking Luke Cage apple

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

We used to finger wag after we beat certain teams in fencing but it was solely to be as smug as possible.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Murphy Brownback posted:

I was mostly referring to it in the context of the story, where it was done in anger, not mocking.

e: unless for some reason the author of the stdh used "wag his finger" to mean "give the finger", then I could believe it. It just seems like the standard finger wag was a weird reaction to that situation that I can't imagine a real person having.

Ususally if someone says waving a finger in the face they mean pointing up close

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bremma posted:

Found this one on Facebook this evening.

I'm catching up on this thread from page 10 or whatever and jesus christ this is the worst thing I've ever read

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

humans are capablke of laughter and screming? So real tom me, personally¬

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Catberry posted:

Did we ever get around to starting that thread about "I'm part of said group and I don't like what they do"?

Usually it's a black person denouncing BLM with standard reddit talking points or a woman denouncing feminism because woman already have all the same rights.

You'd never have frequent enough content most likely.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

hyperhazard posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AsABlackMan/

A surprisingly good subreddit, chock full of STDH.

This is good and a good link my man. "As a..." always drives me crazy even when the person is what they say they are. Excepting things where the person is offering technical insight on a relevant topic e.g. someone asking a question about tax law or whatever and a tax legislator responding or something.

e: Basically any "by virtue of existing I disprove facts :smuggo:" is awful

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

TheMostFrench posted:

I love how she takes a horrible tragedy and makes it about her feelings 'Look how sad this made me! I had to watch a guy die! That's enough adulting for today.'

Are you talking about the image or the forum post? Hard to tell... :shobon:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

They are both p clearly mocking typical STDH tropes, please tell me I have a tiny brain and I am missing your meta jokes because it's impossible you don't realise they are jokes.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

BobbyK posted:

I don't know, I could really see this happening!

"This story is so FAKE, but here is a real version of it that happened to me your neighbourhood goon"

Anyway content:

quote:

Knock, knock.
Who’s there?
Orange.
Orange who?
Orange you going to let me in?

Yeah sure pal, how does an orange knock on a door? And it can talk, lemme guess you married it then :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

1. Why is she @-ing herself
2. :wtc: condoms as cheese substitute
3. What are the odds of her father just loving with his ultra gullible daughter.

Replying to yourself is the only way to chain tweets and it's common practice