Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I tried to find the text of this one to copy and paste, but all I could get is an image of the original Tumblr post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't even judge them that much, the video is just cringe-inducing to the point that it's hard to watch.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Paladinus posted:

My mum used to be a heavy smoker. Would smoke a pack a day, easily. She tried quitting several times, even asked us to hide the cigarettes. It never worked.
Then someone recommended Allen Carr's The Easy Way to Stop Smoking to her, and that's done it for her. After smoking for 25 years, she just went cold turkey and doesn't smoke to this day. This book is loving magic.

I haven't smoked (or used any nicotine products) in 2 or 3 years, and that book also did it for me. The book, and also the ever present thought that I threw out like 200 bucks of vaping equipment when I quit for good, and if I start again it's like I just flushed all that money down the toilet.

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Is the book just one sentence saying "don't buy any more cigarettes and stop smoking them"?

Basically, but with short motivational speaker-esque anecdotes between those sentences.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I have eyes like that and I just call them hazel on official stuff, because I realized you can just say whatever the gently caress you want on a driver's license and no one ever checks.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

tankadillo posted:

Yeah, whenever I realized "Santa" was my parents, I just kept going along with it just because playing make-believe is fun.

Same. I'm baffled that this isn't what most people answer. Like, a lot of holiday rituals are weird and irrational, but they're also a good time.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SkunkDuster posted:

What was that thread about a hotel employee (not the big guy) who had a bunch of STDH stories and then M R CRACKER came in and started posting his brand of crazy STDH causing the OP to have a meltdown because it was his thread and M R CRACKER was stealing all his glory?

I might be thinking of a separate incident, but I remember the Unsat guy posting about being in gangs, and then M R CRACKER came in and started telling stories about being in a skinhead gang, joining the army, and I believe cooking and eating Saddam Hussein.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Not to defend everyone doing it, but getting mad that Keaton Patti's fake scripts are jokes is like getting mad that Levi Johnston didn't really write for Something Awful, or complaining that Mad Magazine isn't 100% factual.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I could write a couple sentences about why this is bullshit, but it's easier to just say gently caress this rear end in a top hat.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, you aren't scanning poo poo without at least an employee id number to login, and more if you're at an actual register.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Jorge RR Martin, his Mexican non union equivalent.