Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1083030582291058689

Danaru posted:

Seventy Five Jurors

hyperhazard posted:

Are defendants normally present at jury selection? That seems like a weird waste of their time.

I had US federal jury duty in December. There were about 90 of us and we each answered the questionnaire in turn in front of the judge, plaintiff, defendants, and all of their legal counsel. The judge asked people to go into detail a lot of times, and he asked a fairly well known radio host from the area for his signature line. I can kind of believe a judge asking someone to sing a line or two, but it still probably didn't happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I honestly wonder how anyone thinks "learning to ride a unicycle" is a skill that would provide any benefit to their life.

We used to think the same thing about getting a cheap acoustic guitar and playing "Wonderwall," but it turned out that literally doing anything is a lot more effort than most people are willing to put in.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I know he was a big advocate for civil rights and guest lectured at Lincoln University (an HBCU) in 1946. I'm not positive, but I think he only did guest lectures.