Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Dudes think it's hot when you call their sisters cunts, right? Come and get it boys. :byodame:

quote:

(My nine-year-old son is a very well-behaved boy and quite smart, which often gets him labeled a “nerd” at school. After a particularly bad bullying incident, I decide to take him to a psychiatrist so he can discuss it with an expert and get some tips on how to cope with bullies.)

Psychiatrist: “Hello. What seems to be the problem?”

(My son is understandably nervous to admit what’s going on and I answer for him.)

Me: “He is getting bullied at school and it’s gotten to the point where there’s nothing I can do about it. I have tried everything I can to help.”

Psychiatrist: “Okay, follow me.”

(She leads my son into a playroom where I and the psychiatrist will observe him through a one-way mirror and then the psychiatrist will enter the room and interview him later. My son gets a book off a shelf and reads it.)

Psychiatrist: “There are so many toys and he wants to read?!”

Me: “Yeah, he reads all the time.”

(My son finishes the book and the psychiatrist enters the room to speak to him. She then goes up to me as if she has something urgent to tell me.)

Psychiatrist: “I’m sorry, but your son is autistic.”

(It should be noted that I’m in college as a psychology major and know my son doesn’t meet the criteria for the diagnosis.)

Me: “What makes you think that?”

Psychiatrist: “He’s very polite and quiet.”

Me: “I’m certain that he isn’t autistic.”

Psychiatrist: “But he said he likes math! I’ll prove he’s autistic. People with the disorder don’t like loud noises.”

(She sneaks up behind my son and screams in his ear which, predictably, scares him.)

Psychiatrist: “See, he’s autistic.”

Me: “My son isn’t autistic, and even if he was, I’m still shocked by how unprofessional you are. Did you even discuss bullying with him?”

Psychiatrist: “This is more important than bullies, and besides, his disorder is most likely the reason he’s being picked on in the first place.”

(I ended up taking my son to a different psychiatrist two-and-a-half hours away, but much better. The new doctor told my son how to deal with bullying and I have noticed he is much happier now. I told this story to the new psychiatrist, who knew her and said she has a reputation for diagnosing anyone she thinks is too much of a goody-two-shoes as autistic.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

even in his self-righteous fantasy he can't get a food service worker to acknowledge him

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

cash crab posted:

Every time I see that fuzzy little baseball cap I know I am in for a ride.

I'm going to be back at my parents' place for a visit in a couple of weeks. I am so looking forward to his, um... commentary. Especially heading into election season. Original plans were for myself, my spouse, and my parents to spend a weekend of that trip at the beach, but it coincided with black bike week and he wasn't comfortable with the situation with, and I quote, 'the belligerents, with the president and how they are these days'. :cripes:

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

We've seen this topic come up a few times in this thread so I was really surprised to see it actually (sort of) happen.
LUNCHROOM LUNACY: ISD COPS INVESTIGATE $2 BILL SPENT ON SCHOOL LUNCH
The bill was so old its manufacture predated the counterfeit prevention measures that make use of a counterfeit checking marker possible so they actually had reason to believe it was a fake bill

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I had to be out of the country for three months to get surgery in the US (weird insurance thing) and was the only one who really cooked in my two-goon house. My partner got doctor-diagnosed scurvy towards the end of my stay just from eating like crap so I absolutely believe the common goon is capable of clinical scurvy.
eta: I made fun of him relentlessly for this and he eats healthfully more frequently now (and takes a vitamin c supplement)

uranium grass has a new favorite as of 19:08 on Apr 14, 2017

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

The Snoo posted:

not my screenshot

kill me

I have literally read this joke in a Readers' Digest

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

The Pirate Captain posted:

Where is he going that you can get drinks for $3.50, or even $7? I've never spent less than $10 on a drink in a club, even for the cheapest stuff, and usually it's way more than that.

The answer is that he's going to his imagination, because he made it up.

The South US.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Didn't we have a "My uncle works at Nintendo" thread? Whatever happened to that? I enjoyed it immensely.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I don't think eyebrows made of stars and an ego larger than the North and South island combined stay anonymous for long, especially not when you're throwing a massive international tantrum about your maybe-divorce.

I used to be a massive fan of the Dresden Dolls, but I find the way Palmer behaves and her relentless need to promote herself the as the ultimate MPDG trying at best.

e: I've been living overseas since I was 18, including in countries where people actually LIKE Americans, and no one has ever, ever done this anywhere ever.

This is basically how I feel. I was a huge fan through my teen years but Amanda herself has just become so offputting, plus that hosed up poo poo she did to her ex... I had to go through all my playlists and remove her because it was all I could think about every time I heard her voice.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

The General posted:

IIRC she had a recording of her ex freaking out over her pretending to have killed herself, then used it on an album.

And I think the ex committed suicide shortly after her stunt of pretending to have killed herself.

Yeah it was this, she faked a suicide to punish her ex for being an addict.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

more like oldtruthless

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

of course she fails to mention they were wearing trump flags as capes

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I doubt that would get a kid removed from school even. Assuming it's not a school with a uniform it's generally just wearing something with a drug or alcohol reference or a girl wearing a tank top that gets you in trouble.

they were specifically trying to hold a trump rally in the parking lot during school hours iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

they're claiming to be mad lots of animal testing is done on beagles even though they clearly never gave a gently caress about beagles being tested on up until this last few months