Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
"God, what is this madness?" should be the new title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

poo poo that did happen: one of the restaurants near my house has a counterfeit $2 that they received. So people actually do go to that effort!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

And shut-in nerds should at least know 1999 and Batdance. Like, he was part of Tim Burton's soundtrack for Batman. gently caress off!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I would gently caress up someone if they started rifling through 3 separate coupon containers while I was waiting in line.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Frankly I could see a guy doing this.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I think she was being tongue in cheek.

Boywhiz88 has a new favorite as of 06:14 on May 6, 2016

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Or he meant that there weren't any pairs of seats completely unoccupied.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Xen Tricks posted:

Has there ever been any kind of research into the psychology of these weird blatantly impossible cult of personality claims? Like I understand you being a dictator but what's the point of claiming you're literally twice as fast as any other human swimmer ever, just shits and giggles?

Depending on the era, it's a form of control due to the people not knowing better. I believe the people of North Korea legit believe all the poo poo they say Kim Jong-Il and Kim Jong-Un have done because there's literally nothing refuting them.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Photo of a card left at a memorial for Philando Castile

Maybe it's reading this thread too long but this feels like a fake.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

JK. Maybe I saw this trash in the wild.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Yeah, no. Didn't happen.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

hyperhazard posted:

Literally rolling.

He was on extacy. They all were

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

My 60 year old mother never puts her cell phone down...does that make her a millennial?

No. Just a oval office.

(my mother is 66 and will not put hers down when we're watching the goddamn Wire)

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

The track one was prolly less cheers and more like "come on and finish! We want to go to lunch!"

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Leninboarrir posted:

Internet HARDO I'm Facebook friends with, in response to a video of a guy berating a cyclist:

watched the video and the guy yelling is insane. Would not be surprised if he was carrying a gun just to coax dood into fighting him and then having to use "self-defense."

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

Wait, is it even a thing for car keys to be able to open cars other than your own?

This has happened to me. My friend's Saturn key was able to open my 92 Dodge Dynasty's doors no problem. Just couldn't start the car.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

lmao. I know this guy.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Non Serviam posted:

The driver?

The author.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Non Serviam posted:

How insufferable is he?
Even if the story is true, why would he think debating politics with a driver would be a good idea?

He's not insufferable at all. Politics runs deep w him. Also this is in NYC so he doesn't really care about running into the guy.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

The bag one bugs me because Saddam was found on a weekend. I remember waking up on Sunday morning to "they found Saddam!" and then months later we got the smuggled video of his hanging. Good times.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

One look, a raised eyebrow, and "So I used your laptop earlier today..." and a few seconds of silence to let it sink in is way easier than getting paper and pen out to leave a note that granny might find, but then again I'm sure plenty of dads take the time to leave notes for their kids, photograph them, then upload them to social media

It would be the kid taking the picture to show how funny/clever their dad is.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

yeah I eat rear end posted:

much like people who smugly have to inject "oh, I don't own a TV" into every conversation about something on TV.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=9ZMIWRF9MiM&t=85s

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Can we get :fuckoff: but it says STDH instead

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Verification also exists for people who may have to deal w/ imitation accounts and whatnot, so I can think you request one for that reason.

Boywhiz88 has a new favorite as of 22:58 on Mar 27, 2017

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I thought about this thread as it started popping up on Facebook yesterday. I get that part of what drives this thread is cynicism, and that sometimes you want a feel good story. But how can you read that and not be skeptical?

I really think classes for kids on Internet behaviors should involve installing a healthy amount of skepticism in them.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Antivehicular posted:

I actually kind of believe this could happen, but not because of the kid being Woke(tm), just because kids get fixated on weird random toys/household objects for no rational reason. Next month it'll be a promotional Beanie Baby from his dad's car dealership or something.

https://twitter.com/sqarerootofevil/status/719025621934993408

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Do they not? Why would my grade five IT teacher lie to me!

e: do they still gently caress up floppy discs at least

Yes, they affect HDDs and floppies because they use magnets to mark the 1s and 0s. And so another magnet would just wipe that information like an eraser.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Zipperelli. posted:

Pacemakers get turned off by magnets, as well.

But assuming a 10th grader knows this is giving too much credit.

I learned about pacemakers not being around microwaves thanks to the Simpsons.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Catberry posted:

Stolen from the crazy forward thread.

Sorbitol is in loving game (thanks Sausage Party)

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I'm upset at just how terrible that menu is, design-wise.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

oldpainless posted:

gently caress the police

More like OShealess

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Customers sometimes like to stand in the middle of the room refusing to make eye contact with staff or get in line for service then yell angrily because no one is taking their order. I don't know why. I guess it's fun.

I'm pretty sure this has got to be a troll for the combination of refusing to get in the line/approach the counter + shrieking baby + car seat (what? I mean okay bringing a big-rear end four-wheel-drive suburban mom pram into a cramped shop is annoying but understandable, why would you bring the baby car seat in?) + WHO THE gently caress DO YOU THINK YOU ARE LITTLE GIRL + straight up stealing food + MY PARENTS ARE DEAD + because they were jerks about my dead parents they went out of business.

Some car seats are removable. That's not the STDH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Id like to believe it’s “ALL COPS ARE ASSHOLES” but the word rear end in a top hat hurts his delicate sensibilities.