Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
breakfast dorito

doritos form part of a healthy breakfast (in theory) and should not be used as a primary source of nutrition (you don't tell me how to live)
we got chickens

bok detected at bearing 2-0
tracking multiple boks on intercept

click for biggerest

two are hy-line browns which are chickens that have a 40 page pdf instruction manual???? i guess because they are fancy commercial genetic engineered bok boks so I suppose commercial users want instructions for how to achieve maximum eggs per chook or something

the other is a light sussex which are not super good at laying eggs but they look cool n stuff and we figured 2 eggs a day with the occasional extra (the hy-lines peak at almost 8 eggs a week which is absurd) is probably enough

anyone else got a bok squad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
- Multiple boks... 10 meters... nine...
- That can't be, that's inside the farmhouse!

DeepQantas

- So each one of these things comes from an egg... but what's laying the eggs?
- Must be something we haven't seen yet

alnilam

I just bought a house with a bok-appropriate yard and deploying a bok squad has been my dream for a while, I'm gonna build a little bok-zone and hopefully recruit some this summer

Goons Are Gifts

My dad used to have several boks, including a special white bok that he called Vladimir.

I was told he later on died because of alcoholism and problems with his wife, which is sad. I was never able to get a new bok squad going.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

DeepQantas posted:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i do not own a bok flock but i have friends that do, one of whom has 10 and they have a nasty pecking order so when the omega bok, affectionately named gobbles, gets really hosed up he brings it inside for a few days to heal up

Android Blues

DeepQantas posted:

- So each one of these things comes from an egg... but what's laying the eggs?
- Must be something we haven't seen yet

City of Glompton

nice boks! I don't have any now, but I hope to again someday. I like banty boks best.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

breakfast dorito

doritos form part of a healthy breakfast (in theory) and should not be used as a primary source of nutrition (you don't tell me how to live)
feeling the bok love rn :love:

City of Glompton posted:

nice boks! I don't have any now, but I hope to again someday. I like banty boks best.

same, but they're not as good at eggs - and as this round of boks (we had some a long time ago, but foxes got them :arghfist:) were my sister's idea, and she has promised to do all the upkeep stuff, I decided to make as few decisions as possible so that I can avoid having to deal with cleaning up after boks

i used to have a silky bantam and she was an A+ bok

DeepQantas posted:

perfect

alnilam posted:

I just bought a house with a bok-appropriate yard and deploying a bok squad has been my dream for a while, I'm gonna build a little bok-zone and hopefully recruit some this summer

we were going to build our own bok barracks but my sister found a flat pack kit on the internet that was absurdly cheap, the wire isn't as thick as i'd like it to be but tbh i'm probably overestimating the strength of foxes

they are named (from left to right) nugget, popcorn, and pepper :3:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
nugget is my favorite

i am emotionally invested in nugget

alnilam

Breakfast Dorito posted:

we were going to build our own bok barracks but my sister found a flat pack kit on the internet that was absurdly cheap

Do tell pls!

FluffieDuckie

please insititute a complex moat and barbed wire defense system around your boks :ohdear:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

breakfast dorito

alnilam posted:

Do tell pls!

unfortunately i am in :australia: so i suspect the site may not be of much use to you, also my sister is asleep so I cannot ask her (but will in the morning)

FluffieDuckie posted:

please insititute a complex moat and barbed wire defense system around your boks :ohdear:

all sides of the coop are either wood or strong wire mesh over wood, I remain quietly confident in the security of these boks but am also on at the very least medium alert

it would be kind of cool to have a moat though

Luvcow posted:

nugget is my favorite

i am emotionally invested in nugget

she is the noisiest and also seems determined to be Top Bok
fortunately popcorn and pepper don't really care, so they're all friends now

MrWillsauce

eggselent to meet you

DeepQantas

Eggronomicon - the bok of the dead

alnilam

bok update?

Robot Made of Meat

If I had a bok, I'd name it Bart Bok, and I'd refer to its poops as "Bok Globules."

That is my story for this Saturday evening.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

symbolic

Robot Made of Meat posted:

If I had a bok, I'd name it Bart Bok, and I'd refer to its poops as "Bok Globules."

That is my story for this Saturday evening.
either too much or not enough to drink

Robot Made of Meat

symbolic posted:

either too much or not enough to drink

TBH, I thought of this when I was sober, but didn't post it until I was drunk.

Rodatose

corn, corn, corn
"bok." -chicken, 2016

MrWillsauce

bok is a pretty cute onomatopoeia I gotta say

breakfast dorito

bok update: FIRST EGG HAS BEEN LAID, popcorn did it

now nugget needs to get her poo poo together and start being a team player/layer

soon.
SOON.

Robot Made of Meat

WTG Popcorn!

And no pressure on the others. We each perform according to our abilities.

City of Glompton

is it a tiny pullet egg? I love when they lay little tiny eggs.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

breakfast dorito

egg pic

Robot Made of Meat posted:

WTG Popcorn!

And no pressure on the others. We each perform according to our abilities.

we actually have a chicken warranty on nugget and popcorn where if either doesn't lay then we get a replacement :v:

breakfast dorito fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Apr 17, 2016

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
German chickens say "bach"

DeepQantas

Careful. Might be a tiny burglar disguised as egg

breakfast dorito

sister ate it; can confirm it was actually egg

the mystery of who is stealing my left socks continues

Noctiluca

sparkle sparkle
there's some lies here I have to clear up;
- Popcorn is top bok, she gives Pepper a lot of poo poo but Pepper is honestly dumb for taking it cos she's so much bigger than Popcorn and has a pointier beak
- Nugget is chillest bok, probably cos she's yet to get her "fuq u I got an egg to lay" feels yet
- I didn't eat the egg it's sitting in an egg cup in the kitchen cos it is the "thousand dollar egg"
- Egg could still be a tiny burglar, will update when new info comes

breakfast dorito

i forgot you had an account, goon sister

Noctiluca

sparkle sparkle
i am everywhere no one is safe

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
nugget 4 lyfe

Adiabatic

What have you assholes done now?

Noctiluca posted:

i am everywhere no one is safe

hi goon sister im kidnapping your bro for like 6 weeks hope thats cool ok bye

Noctiluca

sparkle sparkle
pls take

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i hope nugget is doing well

sleep tight nugget

Noctiluca

sparkle sparkle
it is the middle of the day, Nugget is pecking things

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
happy monday Nugget, happy monday

ScrubLeague

I'm probably gonna get some chickens next year. Gonna spend this summer building a coop and a run and talking to my neighbors to make sure they won't complain about my boks.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
This is a real good thread.

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

• Locked thread