Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

I did it, I got boks

i love your boks, and you did a good job giving them a loving home so you can eat their eggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom

im jealous i want some boks

but i'd be a bad bok dad

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

alnilam

Zyla posted:

im jealous i want some boks

but i'd be a bad bok dad

bad bok dad is a good username

also I bet you'd be fine they're not that much work beyond the initial setup, and they're so fun to watch you'll find yourself hanging out with them a lot anyway

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
so how are artemis and minerva doing?

alnilam

Really good, they love wandering around my yard and they don't seem interested in the veggies we grow so that's a relief. Also they know the run and the coop are their safe zone now and go into the coop on their own at night :3: yesterday a helicopter flew overhead and they ran all the way across the yard into the coop so they must feel pretty familiar with the place already

bean mom

i'll never forget when doing the census work, going to this lady's house in the country side, and she had a flock of boks just milling about on the road, and i ended up interviewing her as she fed her 600lb hogger in the back

----------------

alnilam

we're naming the feisty one Pepper because she's a spicy gal

still thinking about the docile one

alnilam

they're inseparable it's so cute

also when the sun gets low they get antsy and start cheeping a lot but they're not quite sure if they want to go to bed yet... at this time they get extremely cuddly i think bc they're slightly afraid of the dark
evidence:

alnilam

also i just farted and they scrambled back into their coop lol

ty manifisto

alnilam

gently caress i just noticed one of the hens in the op is named pepper, but it was my housemate's idea so i didn't steal it!!

ty manifisto

Barnes And Body Works

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:

I drew a quick Bok for you guys.

Vanisher made my super slick sig.

Adiabatic

What have you assholes done now?
that looks like a pretty good bok

Senior Management

those coups look like a million boks

:jerry:

Senior Management

Please be careful friends and trust fluffieduckie. When I was young I used to have ducks and chickens. I thought they would be secure enough but raccoons are crafty and killed them all. Not to be a downer but please practice safe bok'ing.

Senior Management

The restaurant should have given the guy an egg but how weird and out of touch do you have to be to go to the store and stand triumphantly in font of the eggs. I can just imagine him being super smug with his wife hiding her face as a bunch of small children laugh at the egg man. He is wearing a cape and everything.

City of Glompton

alnilam I have name suggestions for chill bok if she still needs one

Persephone (Persi for short) or maybe Penelope (Penny)

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

joke_explainer posted:

I am glad he eventually let his wife eat breakfast after what reads like 40 minutes of yelling about an egg.

lmbo

saw a bok bok the other day

Slush Garbo fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Aug 14, 2016

alnilam

City of Glompton posted:

alnilam I have name suggestions for chill bok if she still needs one

Persephone (Persi for short) or maybe Penelope (Penny)

I like penelope, persephone is pretty but persephone got abducted by hades and i don'twant to curse my hens to being abducted :(

luvcow's Minerva suggestion is good too but iirc it's also a brand of IUD and my fiancee is a doctor so it might be weird for her...

ty manifisto

A Spider Covets

i love the boks and i will marry them, platonically

alnilam

Day 22: The boks appear to have accepted me as their leader. When I let them out of their run in the evening while i'm home, any time I walk to a place in the garden to gather veggies or something, they rush after me and then hang out hunting bugs/weeds in my vicinity. If I walk to another part of the garden, they follow again. If I go inside, they go back to doing their own thing. Pepper, who is the leader while I am away, appears to be as loyal as Penelope. But I must keep a careful eye on her - a bok as clever as she is never content being second-leader for long...

ty manifisto

Senior Management

alnilam posted:

Day 22: The boks appear to have accepted me as their leader. When I let them out of their run in the evening while i'm home, any time I walk to a place in the garden to gather veggies or something, they rush after me and then hang out hunting bugs/weeds in my vicinity. If I walk to another part of the garden, they follow again. If I go inside, they go back to doing their own thing. Pepper, who is the leader while I am away, appears to be as loyal as Penelope. But I must keep a careful eye on her - a bok as clever as she is never content being second-leader for long...

please take out a bunch of loans and invest in professional camera equipment and also David Attenborough so that you can make a Bokumentary.

City of Glompton

alnilam posted:

:love:

when I was a kid I could lead a whole flock of chickens as long as I was carrying the kitchen scrap bucket

Afro Doug

i hope you don't got no redtails around. they gotta habit of makin chickens suddenly burst up out inta tha great beyond. my prayers go out to you and your chichkens

alnilam

Afro Doug posted:

i hope you don't got no redtails around. they gotta habit of makin chickens suddenly burst up out inta tha great beyond. my prayers go out to you and your chichkens

there are hawks and peregrines around sometimes, that's why i only let them out of their totally meshed-in run under supervision :ohdear:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

alnilam posted:

there are hawks and peregrines around sometimes, that's why i only let them out of their totally meshed-in run under supervision :ohdear:

*chicken explodes into a ball of feathers behind you as you hit post*

FluffieDuckie

maybe you need some chicken armour

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

FluffieDuckie

like this but for chickens

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

alnilam

Luvcow posted:

*chicken explodes into a ball of feathers behind you as you hit post*

:negative:

alnilam

Really though I live in the city and hawk and falcon sightings are rare enough that I generally feel okay letting them out. Plus every time I come near their run they beg to be let out, so clearly it adds to their quality of life. So it's a risk yes but one that i feel is outweighed by their enjoyment.

It's like letting a cat spend some of its time outside. Sure it might be more likely to get hit by a car, but if the cat absolutely loves being outside then you might consider it a fair risk.

City of Glompton

I had chickens in the country and we had a couple hawk attacks, but no fatalities. the hens would dive for cover in bushes, and at least one rooster defended himself from an attack. I had much worse luck in the city due to raccoons :(

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
let my cat out and he came home with a chicken

3 days later it moved in

It's unconventional but who am I to question their love

A Spider Covets

i like when chickens are happy and they go "bawwwwwwwwww, bawwwwwwwwww" but never get to the ck

----------------

City of Glompton

I like that, and I also like when they are complaining and it sounds like "bitchbitchbitchbiiiitch" but most of all I like when they are happy and sleepy and they trill :3:

1000 Sweaty Rikers

another good bokumentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-JDxWyFKNk

Senior Management

My dad told me that when he was a kid he had chickens and one of them liked to land onto of his mother's head when she came out of the house.

Bhauk

blaise rascal posted:

This is a real good thread.

Instruction Manuel

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Are roosters allowed here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A43JOxLa5MM

Senior Management

I used to have one but it murdered all of the strawberries in the garden.

poverty goat

I'd love to get some boks but i've been told that a dog is guaranteed to eat them sooner or later and I have one of those already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

Saw this and felt the need... to contribute

e: Bok 1 away

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

• Locked thread