Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GORDON

by Fluffdaddy
Going to get down to -1 tonight, here, the coldest my chickens (that's an old-school name for a 'bok') have seen. I hope they do ok in the hen house.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I "deep littered" the last cleaning last week, so they'd have a few inches of floor insulation. And I put a heat lamp in there on bricks so it wouldn't directly touch any bedding.

This is my first year/winter with chickens so I sweat every little detail.

----------------

GORDON

by Fluffdaddy
It amazes me that those little puffy featherballs can tolerate these temps 24 hours a day for months.

Of my 3 layers, I am only getting about 1 egg a day, now. I didn't have time to install a light in the henhouse. I've got 6 more that would be ready to start laying any time now, but there just isn't enough daylight right now (northern Ohio).

I'm going to be egg rich by march, i think.

----------------

GORDON

by Fluffdaddy
My Ohio chickens came out of the hen house this morning like WHATS UP after an overnight low of -1.

All appears to be well.

----------------

• Locked thread