Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
vga is everlasting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

My Linux Rig posted:

it is kind of odd that despite how clunky and lovely that vga is, it's still one of the more common connections on a computer

clunky? lovely? it's fine if you use a halfway decent cable. and you can implement it in software on a microcontroller

only thing is I guess it isn't good enough for 4k

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Phoenixan posted:

i have ps/2 on my motherboard but i don't use it

same, it's messed up

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

key rollover is based on the keyboard controller & matrix. I have a monoprice keyboard and it has full n-key rollover

http://www.gigahype.com/nkey-rollover-test-page/

most keyboards use a cheap matrix where some keys are cross connected so they can't physically rollover certain keys at all

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

there might be some millisecond scale timing differences that are just barely noticeable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

apparently USB keyboards with nkro will show to the computer as multiple keyboards to get around the 6 key limit

my device manager says I have 3 keyboards plugged in

• Locked thread