Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Plorkyeran posted:

presta will never replace schrader. it's much more fiddly and the only advantages are that it's narrower and you can get it to higher pressure with a lovely hand-pump, both of which are basically only relevant for bikes

I tired googling this and found people testing schrader valves up to several thousand PSI successfully. I think its really just for rim width of road bikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Jonny 290 posted:

i guess if you wanted to be super autistic about it, you could argue that the mass of a schrader stem is larger and so theres more wheel unbalancing effect. But no, 70% of presta usage is to be able to sniff and say, oh, no, I need to get my adapter out to refill with this proletariat air station at the shell

A narrow road tire will have not have space between the tire beads to fit a schrader so actually its impossible to use one and you're not good at bikes.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Shaggar posted:

road bicycle is an oxymoron

Jokes get less funny the more often you repeat them.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I'm shocked that a thread about technical standards ending up in an autistic slap fight (which I won p.s by being the most technically correct).

• Locked thread