Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

lampey posted:

presta?

SMTP is a garbage fire and needs to be replaced but it isn't happening. the idea that you just send a message out into the ether and then the recipient will store it instead of the sender having to keep a copy creates an imbalance that will always be taken advantage of by spammers. just keep dumping more trash into the fire forever

nah its fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
a lot of fuel systems in cars have Schrader valves up top so that you can hook up a pressure gauge when troubleshooting.

if they can keep 90psi of hot gasoline contained to a level that the NTSB is happy, they're fine for your bike tire.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i guess if you wanted to be super autistic about it, you could argue that the mass of a schrader stem is larger and so theres more wheel unbalancing effect. But no, 70% of presta usage is to be able to sniff and say, oh, no, I need to get my adapter out to refill with this proletariat air station at the shell

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Salt Fish posted:

A narrow road tire will have not have space between the tire beads to fit a schrader so actually its impossible to use one and you're not good at bikes.

my quarter inch 300psi tire, i need it for MAXIMUM SPEED

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
guys shut up my cadence just dropped 3%

fun? on a bicycle? outta here, kid

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
nah you gotta have a special thing if you need air and you arent at your LBS or your garage full of park tools

schrader is best

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Alright now, where were we?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im shocked that you showed up for a second round of getting your rear end beat

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
if you get into ham radio repair you get to buy JIS screwdrivers which are loving phillips but with a slightly different taper here and there and god drat it you have to get the JIS drivers because Phillips drivers absolutely gently caress JIS screw heads

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

schrader valve is actually the oldest & best connection standard OP

this guy gets it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
man some pretty damning evidence and strong arguments on both sides. wondering if the OP could chime in and give their opinion

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

graph posted:

they're valves, marie

:chanpop:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sweevo posted:

mods please probate everyone who talks about bikes in yospos

glad we've finally got a derailer itt

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
mods aren't going to fixie your problems, son. you're freewheeling

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

echinopsis posted:

the one that is on all cars and all bikes I have ever seen is the best one

It's very common, but the new Presta valve is way better and you'll see it on high performance road bikes. I like it a bit better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I can't frag on USB. Muthafukkin PS/2 for lyfe.

• Locked thread