Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
the 3.5mm aka 1/8" headphone jack, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

a lot of fuel systems in cars have Schrader valves up top so that you can hook up a pressure gauge when troubleshooting.

if they can keep 90psi of hot gasoline contained to a level that the NTSB is happy, they're fine for your bike tire.

the presta valve is thinner which is better for thin bike tires i think?

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

i guess if you wanted to be super autistic about it, you could argue that the mass of a schrader stem is larger and so theres more wheel unbalancing effect. But no, 70% of presta usage is to be able to sniff and say, oh, no, I need to get my adapter out to refill with this proletariat air station at the shell

i was more going by

quote:

The outer valve stem is manufactured in various lengths for different applications, and has a narrower diameter (6 mm) than Dunlop and Schrader valves (8 mm). The weakest point of a bicycle rim is usually the hole for the valve stem. The smaller hole for a Presta valve makes it possible to have extremely narrow wheels while maintaining sufficient strength in the wheel.

• Locked thread