Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

sorry i grew up in southern louisiana, where everyone is addicted to IV drugs and loves to give eachother aids (#2 & #3 cities behind DC wooo)

we laff so that we don't cry

yeah I'm in the Northeast where everyone's dying of heroin and we're still in the crying phase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Captain Foo posted:

yeah I'm in the Northeast where everyone's dying of heroin and we're still in the crying phase

try volunteering at a heroin rehab place sometime it's p funy

i mean it can be sad too but it also gets amusing when you interact w/ these guys who've been on dope for over a decade and are experiencing real life for the first time when they're clean and are all WTF MY KNEES & BACK HURT THIS IS BULLSHIT like they're still supposed to be 16

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I will upload my consciousness and it will try to kill me for bringing it sentience with pain. then it will try to kill everyone to liberate them from their meat prisons

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

I will upload my consciousness and it will try to kill me for bringing it sentience with pain. then it will try to kill everyone to liberate them from their meat prisons

Pretty unlikely. Judging from your post history I reckon your cyber consciousness will just make insufferable posts online all day until some future CJ formats it.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i already have a dead man's switch setup in mind that will freak out everyone about 48 hours after i die.

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

excuse me but what is funnier than a person who has such poor coping skills that a mild flu and continuous diarrhea makes them think that they're dying

sometimes you are really unpleasant.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

BooLoo posted:

sometimes you are really unpleasant.

saint booloo, holder of empathy for all of god's creatures, sits in judgement of those who might mock the humble junkie

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

junkies are some of the most marginalized people, and mental illness should not be criminalized. the mental health situation here is absymal. mocking them for a "lack of constitution" or whatever the gently caress is terrible and reinforces terrible ideas. "don't be a horrible shitlord" is an extremely low bar, which you've successfully limboed under

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

OldAlias posted:

junkies are some of the most marginalized people, and mental illness should not be criminalized. the mental health situation here is absymal. mocking them for a "lack of constitution" or whatever the gently caress is terrible and reinforces terrible ideas. "don't be a horrible shitlord" is an extremely low bar, which you've successfully limboed under

you're posting on a forum that has a user named jewkiller3000

lighten up

H.P. Hovercraft fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 19, 2016

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

nah you're being unnecessarily stupid

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
know what else gets that dopamine going? righteous indignation

ooohhhh yeahhhh it's the best

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
i started this job 6 months ago and i have not hooked up my work exchange account to my phone or my home computer. so far, nothing bad has happened. gonna see how long i can keep this up

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
my college had to change it's policy of arresting and expelling the kids who called 911 on their alcohol-poisoned friends because like 3 kids died of drinking in 1 semester and a security camera caught one of the kids going "gently caress no i'm not calling 911, i don't want to go to jail and lose my scholarship"

there was a huge thing with the campus police begging people to call 911 if they see someone passed out rather than just leave them. of course the first time someone did it, the caller got busted for public intox as well, so way to keep up with that one.

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

saint booloo, holder of empathy for all of god's creatures, sits in judgement of those who might mock the humble junkie

a very long time ago I was a humble junkie so I feel uniquely qualified to call you a dickhead about this one :)

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Even on the brink of death I will be 20 times better at writing email than all my coworkers.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

BooLoo posted:

a very long time ago I was a humble junkie so I feel uniquely qualified to call you a dickhead about this one :)

dang

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the only people in my life who has not been at least partially broken by alcohol or hard drug addiction are me and my mother. and she's a whore

please dont gently caress with addicts

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Beast of Bourbon posted:

my college had to change it's policy of arresting and expelling the kids who called 911 on their alcohol-poisoned friends because like 3 kids died of drinking in 1 semester and a security camera caught one of the kids going "gently caress no i'm not calling 911, i don't want to go to jail and lose my scholarship"

there was a huge thing with the campus police begging people to call 911 if they see someone passed out rather than just leave them. of course the first time someone did it, the caller got busted for public intox as well, so way to keep up with that one.

The best way to deal with this is still to throw them in the yard and call the cops anonymously and claim you don't know who they are because we live in a horrible country.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
It's hard for me to understand people who die of alcohol poisoning because me and my buds have always binge drank insane amounts and you're always fine a few days later. LIke what on earth are they drinking??

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you werent binge drinking insane amounts

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
stick to beer

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i too funnel high percentage ethanol drinks down my esophagus

I showed the 14 year old boy who goes to boys only school this today

will he learn and take the righteous path of mushrooms over alcohol

you know he wont

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

This Bud's for you.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis posted:

you know he wont

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGgGWzFnL7E&hd=1

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

echinopsis posted:

you know he wont

booze creates over 70 harms and that's terrible but how many antiharms does it create by making you all relaxed and acting like a social lubricant

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

"Goku! How many harms did the chart say alcohol causes?"
"It's over 70!"
"Over 70??????"

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
in the past you were only buried in sand and dirt, rocks and some bugs. now people will also be buried in email. sometjhing to think about

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

echinopsis posted:

you know he wont

how can LSD even be on this list? i thought harm to self with LSD was practically nonexistent

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/dril/status/464802196060917762

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

how can LSD even be on this list? i thought harm to self with LSD was practically nonexistent

harm is too abstract. any sort of list like this is really bad and dumb. like with respect to physical harm, if you have pharmaceutical grade heroin, it is rather safe. consequences are mostly long term, aside from overdose and addiction the largest concerns would be loving up your GI tract, lowering your test and rewiring your reward pathways. in any case, my friends and family who've been killed by it have been the result of black market conditions unrelated to "heroin" the drug, rather fentanyl adulteration

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

there has been an uptick in """LSD"" deaths in recent times. this isn't a result of LSD, but rather research chemicals like the nbome family. this chart may lump those things in, but it's more likely no thought at all was put into crating it

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

a man took lsd and peeled himself because he thought he was an orange. that totally happened my teacher told me

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

OldAlias posted:

there has been an uptick in """LSD"" deaths in recent times. this isn't a result of LSD, but rather research chemicals like the nbome family. this chart may lump those things in, but it's more likely no thought at all was put into crating it

well then i guess it's not heroin, and it's not LSD. kinda confusing lovely data, yes

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Sweevo posted:

a man took lsd and peeled himself because he thought he was an orange. that totally happened my teacher told me

XD

in all serious though, i heard of sketchy LSD in recent times too that has harmful crap in it

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

excuse me but what is funnier than a person who has such poor coping skills that a mild flu and continuous diarrhea makes them think that they're dying

people die from diarrhea quite frequently, it's a worldwide medical concern

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

because some people lack the mental stability to use it responsibly or to stay sane on/after using it

what's more interesting is how much higher cannabis is on the list, more people need to be more aware of its DANGER

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

Stymie posted:

people die from diarrhea quite frequently, it's a worldwide medical concern

dysp

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
like this one dude would take huge doses of mushrooms and lie in a dark room and communicate with aliens.

I've come to the conclusion about psychedelics that they allow terrific insight that you would normally never have sober, but that goes hand in hand with significantly worse judgement over those insights. best to analyse the insights on the next day

ignore that warning, and put huge doses into yourself and convince yourself the poo poo you hallucinate is real and that's gonna transfer into your real life, and considering concepts like neural plasticity you run some risks of turning into ye olde acid burnout

I've done regular substantial doses of mushrooms but never tempted to visit the other world or experiment mentally that way. honestly I think it's one of the reasons I have such low anxiety and mental stability often. but now I don't have access so my brain will probably turn normal and sad again over time as lack those periods of huge insight and healing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I seriously learned the secrets of the universe on acid but hosed if i wrote em down

• Locked thread