Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Put a bunch of Mass Effect words into the mission name list and see how long it takes to get Operation Reaper Stank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

One of the modern XCOMs.

XCOM 2. There are an absurd number of Mass Effect workshop mods. Voicepacks for everyone (even Jason), cosmetic skins, someone even made a Biotic class so you can give your soldiers Charge.

Heck, look at the rifle Garrus is carrying.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

What's the hit rate with the charge? Typical XCOM? :v:

monster on a stick posted:

You could always take a break between 2 and 3

'Waifu' :roflolmao:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
In 3's MP you can name all the characters, but it doesn't show up in-game. :(

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Poil posted:

What's the hit rate with the charge? Typical XCOM? :v:

Yeah, these are purely cosmetic. There's even a Zaeed voicepack, but I'm afraid of using it because it means he'll be the only one who comes back from the mission alive :ohdear:

In my last game, Jack rolled as a Grenadier which seemed oddly suiting, towards the end she was carrying something like seven grenades and a Blaster Launcher, plus had Salvo so she could blow two things up per turn. I like to think Jack had a lot of fun in that campaign :unsmith:

Links to some collections that may be complete but really just search for "mass effect" as there are just too many workshop entries:
Full Mass Effect characters
Mass Effect weapons No Claymore :argh:

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
I would say xcom 2 by the hacking drone

Edit: awful app didn't tell me there was another page :(

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Another quality Cerberus project

The Drink/The Drinking Game
Ain't one. But if you've been playing along you probably have a fairly well-stocked liquor cabinet so you can make yourself a nice cocktail if you'd like.

The Episode
This is the DLC Overlord. Like everything else you get an email about it. A Cerberus facility has gone offline and we go to see what's gone wrong. As with pretty much every Cerberus facility, that answer is "a lot." Geth are running amok and a VI program has gone bugshit. Except it's not really a VI, it's some weird hybrid because they thought plugging the head scientist's brother into the machine would be a fantastic idea. We're tasked with shutting down 2 remote bases that are helping run the mess. The first time you do this DLC it's pretty drat spooky with the ambient music, the VI screaming at you, the floaty green eyeballs, and the cameras following you everywhere. I shot every one of them thinking it would do something (it doesn't).

We're introduced to the Hammerhead, this game's version of the Mako. There were some missions using it, but they are really quite stupid and boring and so we didn't bother doing them. The Hammerhead is way more agile than the Mako, has a tracking cannon, jump thrusters and boosters. It's also armored with wet toilet paper. A single mook with a pistol can blow it up, more or less. It's less tedious to pilot, but has a tendency to get caught on tiny deviations in the geometry and go cartwheeling across the landscape. We also have to use it to do platforming.

We clear out Vulcan station, which is full of VI controlled mechs, the same ones we've been fighting all game. It's not really much to shout about, you have to blow up a few things to open the way forward. It mostly feels like padding, but it's a DLC and I'd probably be annoyed if it were only 30 minutes long. I'd originally planned to do this in 1 video, but I figured an hour was a bit too much for a run time. The next station, Prometheus, is a bit more fun.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

If everyone stays at their desks it makes it easier to identify their mutilated corpses. :eng101:

Why couldn't the Normandy just break the satellite dish?

Poil fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Aug 6, 2017

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Poil posted:

If everyone stays at their desks it makes it easier to identify their mutilated corpses. :eng101:

Why couldn't the Normandy just break the satellite dish?
Clearly you have never designed a videogame, in which something that can be easily accomplished must be done by a lone hero in the most complicated way possible.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

When all you have is a lone hero, every problem looks like an opportunity for XP.

Keeping the Hammerhead from exploding whenever you nudge a rock is the main challenge in the Overlord DLC. Dealing with mad AI monsters is a piece of cake by comparison.

Bioware have had three tries at the space car concept now, and each has been a failure. I just want something that can drive up a mountain and shoot things when it reaches the top. Is that so much to ask?

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

SubponticatePoster posted:

In 3's MP you can name all the characters, but it doesn't show up in-game. :(

For your consideration:

If your colors are not as garish as kroganly possible, you're doing it wrong.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

dat close combat sniping :stare:

i usually like bringing miranda and jason for the first part of that mission, it's fitting to have them be the ones to pile up scientist corpses in the background when shepard's hashing things out with loghain archer

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I had an update and YT told me that the copyright owner is apparently so ashamed of the song I put in it's blocked worldwide. So I have to redo the episode. However, I got a new laptop and what used to take 6 hours to render now takes 40 minutes :staredog: Part 2 will be up later today.

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.

I had an update and YT told me that the copyright owner is apparently so ashamed of the song I put in it's blocked worldwide. So I have to redo the episode. However, I got a new laptop and what used to take 6 hours to render now takes 40 minutes :staredog: Part 2 will be up later today.

Oh man I want to hear the song now!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

auzdark posted:

Oh man I want to hear the song now!
Are you sure? It was Sheena Easton's "Morning Train." :v:

I don't know what the deal with that particular song is, I've used another one by her and it didn't hit any flags other than "this is copyrighted, they may put ads on it." But now after 2 fuckups I've learned my lesson and will check copyright status before I render the drat thing.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
gently caress Cerberus

The Drink/Drinking Game
Same drill. We don't have any more drinks for this LP, but continue wrecking yourself if you feel like it.

The Episode
Concluding Overlord. Prometheus Station is a crashed geth ship that is dormant until we pull the plug, then everything goes to poo poo and we have to GTFO. Backtracking to Atlas Station, we kill a couple robits and then Shep pushes a button and ends up in the Matrix. We shoot up the core only to discover it's Archer's brother, locked into some horrible contraption that's half Giger and half Clockwork Orange. Once again proving that Cerberus just sucks.

Unfortunately we can't kill Archer here, we just pistol-whip him a bit and take David away. I have strong doubts about anyone that would leave him here. Even people who do hardcore Renegade runs and happily kill the Rachni queen and sell off Legion are like "ok, that's a bit much." For doing this we get an email from TIM that basically says we ruined the project. Boo loving hoo. There is a callback in 3 with a really fun option that I may take advantage of.

Only Arrival left. I'll see if I can trim that down to a single long-ish video, since there are several stretches of running down corridors shooting people that aren't really exciting. But all will be concluded before I leave for vacation Thursday.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
eh, just put the whole video on fast-forward so it's two minutes long. Ignoring Arrival is, uhhhhhh, a time honored tradition. :v:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

There is a callback in 3 with a really fun option that I may take advantage of.

You aren't going to tell him are you?

I love doing that, rear end in a top hat deserves it.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Psion posted:

eh, just put the whole video on fast-forward so it's two minutes long. Ignoring Arrival is, uhhhhhh, a time honored tradition. :v:
The first sneaky part is kinda fun, and the very last part. It's everything else that blows :haw:

I do admit to liking the big ol' fight at the artifact. Doing that poo poo solo on insanity is pretty intense.

Kurieg posted:

You aren't going to tell him are you?

I love doing that, rear end in a top hat deserves it.
Well, we've pretty much been nice up until now, so I may record it for posterity's sake and then reload the save :v:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Well, we've pretty much been nice up until now, so I may record it for posterity's sake and then reload the save :v:

Hey man, you're still perfectly nice. It's his choice to interpret your disapproving stare as the worst case scenario instead of your continued judgement for his worth as a human being.

Also remember to bring the person to the place, there's a call out for it.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Why does this game hate autists? :(

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Poil posted:

Why does this game hate autists? :(

:godwin:HIS ALIEN AUTISTIC MIND IS AS ALIEN TO ME AS THE ROBOT ALIENS
:mitt: The square root of 9 is 3

"brilliant! ship it! this is definitely a raw and powerful take on how society mistreats the neurodivergent. i think we've done our research, as david is upset that things are loud!"

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 8, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Octatonic posted:

:godwin:HIS ALIEN AUTISTIC MIND IS AS ALIEN TO ME AS THE ROBOT ALIENS
:mitt: The square root of 9 is 3

"brilliant! ship it! this is definitely a raw and powerful take on how society mistreats the neurodivergent. i think we've done our research, as david is upset that things are loud!"
Well, it's not wrong on that part.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

So, if you don't take that Paragon option, do you just shoot that jackass?

'cause I'd rather do that, tbh.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
That's for Mindoir, bitches

Well, this is it, the end of the LP and the last DLC, Arrival.

Arrival was meant to be a bridge between 2 and 3, it was released March 29th, 2011 - just about a year before ME3 came out. Since it's DLC if you don't import a save with the flag then all of this poo poo is done by anonymous Alliance marines and instead of being in trouble for loving the Batarians without lube, she's in trouble for working with Cerberus. There's also a callback to it from a character we met in 1.

A scientist named Dr. Kenson was looking for Reaper poo poo in Batarian space and then got herself caught, so Hackett sends us to rescue her. You don't get to take your squad, so if you're playing on higher difficulties it's recommended to wait until you're leveled up though you can do it any time after Horizon. We land on the planet Aratoht and sort-of sneak in. IIRC there's a trophy for not alerting anyone until you get to Kenson. Then we bust her out in style. I somehow got myself stuck in midair and couldn't move or charge out of it, so I died. Kenson tells us they found a Reaper artifact and have confirmed that the Reapers will come pouring through the relay in about 2 days, which means everyone and everything is hosed.

Well, turns out Kenson is a goddamn moron and just left the artifact sitting out in the open in a base full of people, so they're all indoctrinated. You have to fight waves of enemies escalating in difficulty. The first time I played this it bugged out and the last guys wouldn't drop down from their spawn point so the section wouldn't end. If you go down during the fight then it just cuts to Kenson's glowy eyes and everything proceeds the same from there. We get the engines started and set a course for gently caress The Batarians. To our credit we try to warn them but then Kenson's boobs make an unexpected appearance and ruin everything. This DLC is a shitload of combat interspersed with little actions. I cut out about 30 minutes of running down samey-looking corridors shooting people. It kind of sucks. There's nothing new or exciting about it, just killing mooks. After foiling Kenson's diabolical plan we shoot her for good measure and knock ourselves out for a little bit longer. When we wake up it's less than 30 minutes to impact.

After murdering the remaining assholes on board Harby comes to visit via hologram and tries to taunt us. Then the Normandy shows up and we have lots of explaining to do for Hackett. It's kind of lovely that he sent us out there and then expects us to take the blame. It's one thing to lie to the Batarians, but to throw us under the bus? If the Batarians came 'round making accusations it would be pretty simple to tell them to stuff it (or at least prove it since everyone in the system is now blown into cosmic dust). Make up some bullshit and send us on our way. But we're the honorable sort so we volunteer to turn ourselves in when we're done screwing around.

Well, that's the LP kids. Sorry this one took so long, it's about half the length of DAI but took 5 months more. Now that I have a new laptop updates won't be quite so goddamn painful. I'm off to vacay tomorrow, will be gone for 3 weeks, but can still shitpost from another country so feel free to keep discussion going.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

LashLightning posted:

So, if you don't take that Paragon option, do you just shoot that jackass?

'cause I'd rather do that, tbh.

No, you just back down and don't do anything.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

It's doooone!

Still my favorite of the 3 games. Well done SP!

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

Well, that's the LP kids. Sorry this one took so long, it's about half the length of DAI but took 5 months more. Now that I have a new laptop updates won't be quite so goddamn painful. I'm off to vacay tomorrow, will be gone for 3 weeks, but can still shitpost from another country so feel free to keep discussion going.
Hey, come on now, hardly the smoothest year for you. Great LP; you made at least I proud of the adventures of Butts Shepard despite all you had going on.
Have a great holiday; looking forward to your inevitable return!

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Something I do when I've done everything in ME:2 and finish Arrival is to park the Normandy at Earth on the Galaxy Map, save and quite the game

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

I had an update and YT told me that the copyright owner is apparently so ashamed of the song I put in it's blocked worldwide.

They should add "9 to 5" to that list. :v:

I forget what a boring DLC this was. I think they told Bioware Montreal (creators of ME3 Omega and ME:A) to just slap together something.

FYI if Kenson didn't get caught by the Batarians smuggling materials to make something that she never intended to use because she was already indoctrinated by that point, then a mission wouldn't have been sent and the Reapers would have hit the Milky Way a few years earlier.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
I see what you did there with the song. Well played.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

16:15 - You plays the Vanguard and you takes your chances (with physics in a Bioware game)

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Thanks everyone, glad you enjoyed it. PS3 havers think about doing some MP games for bonus videos.

They should add "9 to 5" to that list. :v:
:mad: Don't you go dissing on Dolly, I will take a renegade interrupt on you.

Kibayasu posted:

16:15 - You plays the Vanguard and you takes your chances (with physics in a Bioware game)
We've actually been pretty lucky this playthrough - didn't get stuck on any crates or in a railing or something. Last episode, I'll take it.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

:mad: Don't you go dissing on Dolly, I will take a renegade interrupt on you.

You have to take the renegade interrupt on Dabney Coleman or has everyone forgotten that movie?

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
Thanks for doing this let's play, SP!

Can't wait for your next one.

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.
Cool game! can't wait to play it eventually! (on the shopping list once I settle down at the end of the year)

Thanks for taking us through and looking forward to 3!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

You have to take the renegade interrupt on Dabney Coleman or has everyone forgotten that movie?
poo poo, I'm so old I saw it when it came out. A friend and I make Skinny 'N Sweet jokes from time to time that no one else gets.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

poo poo, I'm so old I saw it when it came out. A friend and I make Skinny 'N Sweet jokes from time to time that no one else gets.

'sup old goon :respek:. It's kind of sad how a lot of those early 80s comedies have been forgotten. I don't think I know anyone who has seen Used Cars which is a fantastic gem of a movie.

ratchild13
Apr 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Great LP SubponticatePoster! I'm going back now and watching your inquisition one, it's also quite good, I only went through that game once so it's neat to see additional stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Congrats SBP. At this rate you'll reach the end of the franchise in time for Andromeda 2. :v:

Arrival is eh but I like the final battle. Epic music, desperate circumstances and the relay getting closer and closer and closer all the while.

It was a really stupid idea of Bioware's for both DA:I and ME3 to have key plot points inherited from DLCs no-one played.

• Locked thread