Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

well I don't have a lot of mixing alcohol available but I have a couple bottles of brandy just lying around not being drank, so I think that will have to suffice for the next month until my school is officially finished and I can put money towards alcohol again :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

say what you will about killing Shepard at the beginning but I say it was all worth it

because we got the Normandy SV2 out of it which is loving awesome compared to the old Normandy :hellyeah:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I'm glad it's coffee and kahlua today because I was out at a party last night and am recovering.

However we finally get that Normandy SV2 reveal :kimchi:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

grack posted:

I live in Canada. We can only get liquor at regulated government liquor stores and they make us beg for it like Oliver Twist and his bowl of gruel.

more accurately it sounds like you live in Ontario, us Albertans can buy as much booze as we want at any corner liquor store. None of this LCBO bullshit

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

grack posted:

Edit: Also, Ken and Gabby get a goddamned room.

wwweeeeeeeellllll they have the whole engineering section right now :v:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I dunno, from what we've seen if you're wearing Blue Suns colours (or any of the other merc bands) then you're not some rando who needed the money (and the Archangel mission has taught us that those are the first to die as well) you are all aboard the red sand/prostitution/murder/etc train

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

considering how many more entries we have before the game is done, yeah we may need some of that

that and more Great Big Sea is not a bad thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Bsb-8pxG8

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Grunt AND Mordin that way we get to meet an old friend :3:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

this drink choice is quite appropriate for any Canuck watchers (like myself) this weekend because it's our Thanksgiving weekend

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

in my family there's usually a fair selection of home smoked cheese :3: but yeah turkey and ham are what we usually serve for meat

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

and look at all those comments saying Jordan is "bad rear end"

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I laughed at the drink music. Fitting considering this week :v:

Let's do Thane next

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I always find it funny that for someone designed to have perfect everything and to have the edge over everyone...she still has nothing on your other biotics

Lawson hosed up, with BOTH daughters depending on how you let ME3 play out :v:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

it's definitely more than just Shepard who makes weird faces, that's why we have :liara:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Poil posted:

Straight from the bottle? :v:

I dunno, sounds like a "3rd dream sequence" thing instead

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

wouldn't it be easy without the extended cut? You just take her on the last mission and she and whoever is your third dies in the charge to the...beacon thing

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I can see that being a reason for so many Tali fans: why date a boring female human when you have a space elf or a space Romani?

I wouldn't mind if MRyder has some more "alien" options in Andromeda

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

so there for PS3 ME3 MP (I think that's enough acronyms), although my internet isn't the greatest so depending on the night my game may poo poo itself sort of like the last time I did a multiplayer LP :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJX_dMUadh4&t=1550s

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

surely if you gave yourself that many credits you have maxed the amount of level 1, 2 and possibly 3 for the bonuses. However I agree the ultra-rare guns are a pain in the rear end to unlock

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I mean, find me a video game that she isn't in, she's female Steve Blum in terms of "oh crap we need some npcs voiced, get Hale on the line. No we don't need to bring her in she knows the drill" or "oh so we've got this female character and we're thinking this kind of personality, call Jennifer Hale and see if she's doing anything for the next couple days"

Some times I'm surprised that bioware decided to get a "nobody" to voice male Shep

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

didn't they just not port Pinnacle Station for PS3? Guess it really did suck that much

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

being a biotic pinball is great, then there are those times in multiplayer where you decide to not host and play a Vanguard :negative: you go from MVP to "I swear I hit that Marauder why am I dead?"

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I actually managed to fail "agreeing" with Morinth and I can't remember how it happened, I think I just didn't want to answer with the right info, like giving the name of the Elcor artist or that one band because I thought that was stupid. Yes Morinth I tooooootally am an individual person and that's why I love exactly all of the things you like. Instead if you tell her you love being in control or whatever she just thinks you're an arrogant prick or some poo poo.

Kinda stupid conversation in my opinion

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

grack posted:

Well, I have faith that when it comes down to brass tacks Shepard can kill someone. Or something. Or many someones. Or many somethings. I mean Shepard's body count that day is probably higher than Morinth's lifetime numbers.

too bad the writers forgot this in ME3

or the writers made Shepard forget? Probably the latter seeing as Kai Leng was written like a pet

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I don't remember that, because the only literature that I read when it comes to video games is the manuals (and sometimes the strategy guides). I learned that lesson after reading one of the Diablo books when I was 10

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

Oh agreed on that, yeah. I was referring to other franchises where knowing what happens in the EU books between installments is actually necessary.

that sounds terrible, at least as far as video games goes. Then again I might just be saying this because the amount of story that was typically found in manuals was to get you up to speed with where the story was at the start of the game you were playing. This could be as little as "you are an on-duty cop and are going to the site of this thing everyone calls a 'slipgate' and your buddy tells you you're the one who has to go and shut down whatever is happening on the other side" (Quake) to the Diablo manual where you get a crash course in everything that is happening on Sanctuary up to and including the fact that oh I think Diablo is possessing a small child.

cross promotion is cool when it comes to tv and movies but to me turning video games into books kind of ruins the appeal. I dunno, maybe I just don't like the idea of reading books to "get the full story" because I have a lot more trouble digesting a book than I do sitting down and plunking through a video game for a few hours

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

grack posted:

Also how the hell are there Varren here? Do people get them as pets and just dump them off at the nearest planet when they get too big?

I mean, yeah that probably does happen but they're also the ME version of war dogs, so whenever there are krogan or batarians around there will probably be varren with them

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

sounds like Mass Effect 1 then, right down to broken facial animations :v:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

so wait, you're saying the devs wanted you to suffer through those loving Scion and Praetorian fights? jesus gently caress

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Kibayasu posted:

So you're going to wake up with Javik then.

what :psyduck: why would you NOT

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

playing ME3 MP will be nice when I have reliable internet again. Nothing worse than trying to do anything biotic-related and nothing working because of lag, you go from being one of the best players to being a last place scrub

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

even with starter equipment you can still finish a platinum or two with the right people. That's how I got my start, ran a level 20 Human Adept with a bunch of SA people and also checked one of the build guides in the ME3 MP thread.

Then when I started getting krogan cards there was no turning back :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

so you just play Geth then :v:

I think everyone can agree that gently caress Collectors in ME3 MP though, cheating fucks

• Locked thread