Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

And now that we've met her, I'm just going to leave this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9-dLzzQuVM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I can't believe Garrus is loving dead.

hard counter posted:

Alright I admit I remember having problems with the corner flamethrower and the other shutters on insanity. Wasn't expecting this section to look that easy here.

It's hard because most people got Garrus immediately after Mordin but doing a few missions and getting a few levels first takes the bite out of most of it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Fire Storm posted:

WAIT WAIT WAIT, WHAT? drat, that's almost as cool as Garrus and Tali hooking up

I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen. The Samara thing I mean.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

That is a drunk man being sternly shot down after clumsily coming on to someone followed by incredibly awkward small talk.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

DeusExMachinima posted:

:lol: if you don't always take that specific interrupt, regardless of whether you're playing paragon or renegade, every single time. It's like punching Al-Julani. You just do it.

The interrupt stays for the entire speech and it's better to let him rant a bit before laying down the smack.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

J.theYellow posted:

Some Tumblr tomfoolery.

Ah yes, "glitched."

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

J.theYellow posted:

I'm sorry you hate fun things.

Speaking personally I was mostly just making a joke in the realm of :turianass:

I smiled way, way, way too much during a certain scene between Garrus and Shepard in the Citadel DLC to judge any one over video games.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Take the person who didn't get to come in the car.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

grack posted:

Vasir's argument of "you work for people who have done really bad things" would probably hold a little more weight if she hadn't just murdered a building full of innocent people.

It's not really an argument of "I'm doing the right thing" though, just "You're working with people who have done the same thing so shut up." Cerberus, in their wacky ME1 form, even released some Rachni on a few outposts and/or colonies I think.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

SubponticatePoster posted:

I dunno, maybe Shep could have handled the bad guys first, instead of getting the ship set on fire? Or called for some kind of help instead of buggering off to let the ship burn?

Even Shepard didn't expect that level of cutscene overpoweredness from Jack.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Hello paranoid biotic vampire, I am a totally regular club patron. Please ignore the logos of a well known human-centric terrorist organization on my clothes :v:

Actually Morinth probably thought that was hot it was so brazen.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

grack posted:

This entire mission is just Jack alternating between shooting stuff and crying. I imagine that's what sleeping with her would be like as well.

Also how the hell are there Varren here? Do people get them as pets and just dump them off at the nearest planet when they get too big?

They get there the same way Thresher Maws and Pyjaks get places.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I feel like they put the Cain into ME2 specifically for the places they put 2 heavy mechs in front of you.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The other much more boring way to get all the crates is to bring the missile launcher and fire 1 over the ridge immediately to the left of where you land before moving forward at all. It'll lock-on and hit a single mech which will make it come stomping toward you but not activating any of the others. Dance around the shuttle to kill it. Repeat as necessary.

Poil posted:

Moridin's singing got me completely by surprise the first time I experienced it.

Grunt is the best child. :3:

There's lot weird things to enjoy about Mordin. If one decides to bone Garrus he advises Shepard not to swallow.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I actually kind of like husk waves because powers like Shockwave or Singularity actually show what they can do in ME2. But as soon as you reach the difficulty where they get armor then they just turn into,scenarios where you inch forward until you reach the trigger then turn around and run as far back as you can to get away from the scions and funnel the husks into a hallway.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

SubponticatePoster posted:

Nobody's dyin' on my watch, pal. We want the best party at our apartment.

So you're going to wake up with Javik then.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Aces High posted:

what :psyduck: why would you NOT

That's my point!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

hard counter posted:

not exactly, a lifted enemy from shockwave, singularity or pull was more susceptible to attacks like throw, slam or charge on top of being able to trigger biotic explosions w/ warp; these weren't exactly proper combos tho, just a bit more damage or just a bit more distance when throwing a dude into the stratosphere

slam was real good in ME2 since it had both a lift phase and an attack phase so it was useful in any situation (so of course miranda had it), whereas reave had some other effect with weapon damage or something iirc

I wanna say concussive shot could also 'combo' with lifted enemies since these combinations were more like neat physics interactions than ME3's exaggerated named attacks (which were absolutely great, don't get me wrong) but other than this kind of stuff there were no true combos in 2 except for warp explosion

I don't remember a weapon damage multiplier but Reave is an instant hit, does extra damage to both armor and barriers, stuns the target if they don't have protection, instantly heals you to 50% health (I think), and gave you a heal over time past that as long as the power is active. Which basically made it my go to bonus power on high difficulties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

16:15 - You plays the Vanguard and you takes your chances (with physics in a Bioware game)

• Locked thread