Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I'm a nerd who's still mad three games later that they did away with an actually different system in a shooter and gave us ammo again, and this is my favorite lp on the forums I mostly want to see Kasumi a bit, since I didn't bother to buy her dlc.

Also, it's a bit weird watching mass effect played by someone else, it feels like stepping into a this weird comic-style parallel universe where Shepard looks wrong (she has the same haircut and voice, but her face is all wrong, and also she's supposed to be black) and makes slightly different decisions, but it basically turns out exactly the same anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

This must be Javier's awful awful loyalty mission, and we're just doing whatever makes us happy to survive it.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Personal, I would like to meet a Lizard or a Ronin because I'm mostly interested in What Our Girlfriend Has Been Up To

Bring Kasumi with you.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Pretty much? Claims power and success while in reality being a blowhard with dozens of massively failed projects. Runs projects into the ground personally and directly or not at all. Skates by on name recognition and theatrics? Yeah, it fits for me. We're gonna make humanity great again!!!

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I don't know. Tim said some pretty rude things about relationships and stuff, and we're kinda going through some rough poo poo, and tbh, we need a friend right now. It wouldn't be weird if dropped by our ex's place, would it?

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

SubponticatePoster posted:

Just FYI that was part and parcel of recruiting the lizard. And what do you mean, ex? :colbert:

e: unless you mean the apartment, in which case we'll be doing that a bit later.

I meant the apartment, yeah. I suppose it's a little early. But like, IMO if you die, you are a free agent. Aside from that, we haven't called for like, two years. I didn't get any DLC other than Zaeed, the crash site, and whatever else came with buying the game, and I am biased towards seeing all of it as soon as possible

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 11, 2016

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

To change gears a little bit, there's lots and lots and lots and lots of shanties and folk songs about being wasted if that's your thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fudwJZhiYxk

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I want to beat up The Shadow Broker, personally.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I hosted a party in college where someone brought a bottle of southern comfort. Everyone drank my Evan Williams instead, and the bottle was left at my place. I eventually gave it to my roommate. I visited her a few years after we stopped living together, and there it was, about 2/3 empty.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

A million years later, and I've got the same reaction to this mission: gently caress this mission and gently caress the oh-soedgy dunces who wore it.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

IMO you should take Tali and Kasumi Thanks for doing this one in a timely manner, I'm looking forward to seeing it :)

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Poil posted:

It's a bit weird how Morinth is supposedly only into strong, confident and dangerous people but I seriously doubt sculpture girl was any of those things in the slightes.

To be fair to the dumb mission and its dumb writing, telling vulnerable, lonely people with low self esteem that they're unique or dangerous or different is tactic used by real-life predators and abusers. Like, it also fits with you getting her attention: be a reckless egotist. Shepard acts like someone that you could imagine might wind up dead one day after a bender. "Safe" targets are ones that won't be missed or won't see the danger.

(Samara kind of undercuts me with her summation of Morinth's MO but she's a religious fundie and maybe just has compromised judgement)

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Feb 1, 2017

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Psion posted:

drinks if you don't hate yourself: lemon, simple, soda, and tequila. I've heard this by many names so I don't know what the 'real' one is.

That imo can be a tequila old fashioned, slammer, or fizz depending the ratios and what glass you serve it in, though i don't truck with soda in an old fashioned personally. Most cocktails really just sub ingredients into a general formula when it comes down to it. A whiskey sour and a margarita follow the same concept and ratio: 1 part sweet, 1 part sour, 2 parts liquor. The fun of mixed drinks really is finding the magic cool things that go together :rubshands:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Poil posted:

Why does this game hate autists? :(

:godwin:HIS ALIEN AUTISTIC MIND IS AS ALIEN TO ME AS THE ROBOT ALIENS
:mitt: The square root of 9 is 3

"brilliant! ship it! this is definitely a raw and powerful take on how society mistreats the neurodivergent. i think we've done our research, as david is upset that things are loud!"

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 8, 2017

• Locked thread