Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

And it's such an easy fix, too: just create some BS reason to require one of your newbie party members to come along the first time you land on Tuchanka, meet Wrex, and Shepard does a quick explanation of who he is for their sake when they have no idea who he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

DeusExMachinima posted:

The "Dirty Harry or Captain Picard" approaches were pretty interesting ways to go about being a good-ish guy in ME2 and most of 3. They kinda slid back into the evil fuckwit territory in 3, like with some of the options available to you at the end of Mordin's quest. And/or how you can deal with Wrex afterwards. :stonk:

And then there's what you can do at the end of Samara's sidequest in 3. That's probably one of the only times in the series where going full Renegade is such a blatantly evil choice that can't just be rationalized away.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

grack posted:

Unlocking Dominate as a bonus power :colbert:

(Yes I know Reave is more useful)

No, no, not that one.

At the end of the monastery side-mission in 3, a through-and-through Renegade Shep does nothing to stop Samara from offing herself in order to resolve her conflict of code versus love for her daughter... and then shoots said daughter themselves a moment later because they don't want to take the risk of her becoming a Banshee.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Supposedly, you would've been able to recruit everyone right from the start. However, there was no loving way the 360 could fit all that data on one disc, so they were forced to throw their hands in the air and split the recruiting in half.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, considering there's datamined dialogue for him in real early missions, though I'd guess that they had planned a more standard recruitment level for him; they just fell back on the Derelict Reaper for whatever reason when the original game plan fell through.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I think they mean the other kids she was in captivity with, but even then... Calling them family is a biiiiit of a stretch, given what she says about them in the mission proper.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Do you see a certain famous clown's grin?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

grack posted:

Yeah, this bit always confused the poo poo out of me. Literally nothing about this mission is well done. Jimmy is useless in combat. The backstory is frankly horrific and unnecessary. Combat is (for some reason) surprisingly difficult, partially because at least one squad member is guaranteed to be a dead weight. More to the point, it adds nothing to the character of Joey. I mean, a lot of people hated Miranda but at least her loyalty mission gave her a character arc and explained the reasons why she works with Cerberus.

If I remember right, Jerry's motivation to join Cerberus was explained... via a lovely tie-in phone game that no one played.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

It's Jar-Jar, you uncultured swine.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Plus it has no hard Paragon/Renegade checks to beat if you want to get the best ending, IIRC.

Or triggers any fights with him and another squaddie as soon as you do both of their missions.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Eh, it was pretty much "Gurren Lagann, but with Reapers instead of the Anti-Spirals".

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I'd be surprisingly okay with Spectre Spike, now that I think of it.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

They never did make a GOTY (base game + all DLC) version for 2 or 3, did they?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

grack posted:

Walk in to bar. Find Morinth. Shoot Morinth.

Problem solved.

It's Omega, the worst you're going to get is a bill for cleanup.

Edit: Also coconut sake + chambord is an... interesting combination, to say the least.

Eh, on the other hand, shooting her right then and there would possibly risk Shepard accidentally starting a shootout in the club, which Aria would most likely be... less than pleased about, at best.

Or something something "it's against the code to blow her brains out without any warning if we're in public".

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

At least that's a franchise where you don't need to know any of the EU stuff to get the gist of the story?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Oh agreed on that, yeah. I was referring to other franchises where knowing what happens in the EU books between installments is actually necessary.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Or use it inside your own ship at the start of the climax.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Does Andromeda have any of those issues ME3 had with regards to "better hope you know what sidequests you can/need to complete before the next major plot beat"?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Forget the itch, think of the smell whenever it comes time to let the suit air out a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

One of the modern XCOMs.

• Locked thread