Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SS-Kumei
Sep 1, 2012
So, as a crewmember onboard an SSN, one of the things that confuses me greatly about the SSV Normandy mk II is that they have two engineers, which (and I don't know about the surface fleet) only has one Engineer, who is generally an important enough guy to wear the rank of an O-4 despite usually not actually being an O-4, and he doesn't actually do any engineering work, he's got four divisions in his department to take care of the engineroom, the SSN's back-half. I get that Cerberus isn't really military, but it's still surprising that these two engineering academy grads are doing what is essentially enlisted work, and that they're essentially the only two doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SS-Kumei
Sep 1, 2012

skoolmunkee posted:

There's a lot of non specified crew on the ship though. I always thought the named few you meet are just kind of representative.

I was usually more puzzled about what all those stations on the CIC area are for. How much sitting in chairs poking at screens can a ship need?

They could be redundant systems and things, fire control and electronic warfare stations and the like, rigged up in case EDI crashes or goes offline. Or, they might just be additional readouts of ship status and conditions. On my ship's equivalent to a ship's CIC, there are two-to-four manned stations, and something like ten additional screens that don't have anybody manipulating them, except maybe to bring up a different screen that somebody wants to look at.

Or, just maybe, they looked cool, so they put a bunch of 'em in, but that would be ridiculous, right?

SS-Kumei fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Apr 25, 2016

SS-Kumei
Sep 1, 2012
Y'know, with all this talk about Zaeed's butt, I see a very small (zero) amount of pictures of Zaeed butt in this LP. Hmmm... I think that not all the Zaeed love is legitimate...

SS-Kumei
Sep 1, 2012

MarquiseMindfang posted:

The Omega. A massive fuckoff dirty pint. All the scum of the galaxy.

Wait, just a pint? I figured it'd be at least a three gallon bucket, be a shame to waste all that space. Unless, that is, you plan on sharing all that grog, I suppose. It occurs to me that I'm messing up the the ratios wrong, the recipes are calling for like 1 oz of the liquors to a cup or so of other stuff, I've been doing like 50/50, at least of the ones I actually followed.

SS-Kumei
Sep 1, 2012

Disco Infiva posted:

You meant James, right?

No, no, James is in the third one I thought? Pretty sure it was Jonny.

• Locked thread