Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Whether you're a line cook, a frontline soldier or a goony IT professional, chances are you occasionally look for ways to break up the monotony of the workplace. Some of the less mature of us turn to pranks. From classic gems like "get me a can of headlight fluid and an ID10T form" to the more unique pranks and long cons, hazing the FNG is a fine pranking tradition, a rite of passage in some industries. Share your stories.

I've mostly worked in restaurant environments. I've been on both sides of the line and both ends of some of the classic restaurant pranks. I've been asked to fetch 'bacon stretchers', 'left-handed banana peelers' and 'bags of steam from the other kitchen'. I asked a new busser if he'd please "inventory the bottle caps" but alas he had heard that one before. But the most ingenious newbie hazing I've ever seen involved the coffee machine.

You know the type, one of those large commercial drip coffee machines with a hot water spout on the front for tea. Well someone had told our new busboy that at the end of his shift, he was to "empty the hot water" from the coffee machine. The machine is connected to the plumbing. He had filled five or six pitchers of hot water before I had to break it to him.

EDIT: Further stories to share: "Oh the things you can Vac-Pack" and "Joel & the Pig Nipples."

EDIT: I know there was a thread like this before, but I couldn't find it in some cursory searching. Apologies if it's still around.

Mister Speaker has a new favorite as of 21:13 on Apr 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

TheDon01 posted:

We had access to pure citric acid crystals, for those unfamiliar it looks like fine sugar and is basically flavorless sour warhead coating.

Ah yes, anhydrous citric acid. We have this somewhere too; a co-worker of mine who lives in a frathouse took some home to prank his brothers.

Joel vs. the Pig Nipples

We used to serve slider sandwiches. One of the sliders was this (totally loving delicious) banh-mi pork belly on ciabatta. The pork still had the crunchy skin on it, it was... I'm salivating thinking about it.

Anyway, of course the raw pork belly came to us from the butchers with hair and nipples still attached. Poor Joel could not deal with the nipples. He had to leave the kitchen while I cut them out of the skin.

We hid the nipples in all sorts of creative places around Joel's workspace and he would lose his mind every time. I once put them at the bottom of a deli container of noodles and when he saw them he kicked it across the kitchen and went for a smoke break. When he quit, I vac-packed the nipples and gave them to him. I wanted to frame them but I didn't have time.

• Locked thread