Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

there wolf posted:

If Gaga got a good tattoo of Bowie it wouldn't look right with all her other lovely tattoos.

Bad celebrity tattoos are one of the great mysteries. All I can figure is that they aren't willing to research a good artist or wait on an opening in their schedule, and so they just go with so-and-so from their circle's cousin who can be at their hotel room in an hour with an ounce to get them through the process.

This is basically it. They have the money, but touring performers at least don't have the time or the ability to rearrange their schedule around a busy artist's, so they get somebody who can drop everything and come do a tattoo when they have time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Knee posted:

:nws: for cartoon cocks and balls spurting on themselves. yolo!
http://i.imgur.com/pwsAd4m.jpg

Yeah about that, some tongue tattoos are gone as soon as the tongue finishes healing. It's just a slab of muscle, it doesn't have the scarring factors that make skin tattoos stay.

Getting a tattoo on your tongue is almost the dumbest thing you can do with a tattoo.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

White tigers aren't albino. Albino tigers don't have stripes. It's a different genetic mutation that makes them white with stripes.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

His story is a character from a mobile game?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Johnny Truant posted:

God gently caress gauged ears are so incredibly disgusting

I never understood how that got popular.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's not really a tattoo, it's more of an advanced scarification method. Also no idea how permanent something like that would be unless it cut very deep, like unsafe deep.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

there wolf posted:

Won't get you beaten up if you walk into the wrong bar? That kind of absolute erasure on the cheap just makes me think of people getting rid of white power poo poo or old gang tattoos.

I was thinking prison shower myself.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

moerketid posted:

There was actually a pic in the shop WhatsApp group. It's not super dramatic or anything because it's not a fresh wound - he did this months ago and then got it covered by a crap artist, and is now looking at getting it all fixed:

You can guess how it looked when he just did it, though. If you can't spot it, it's next to the eye.

Yeah, that still needs a proper cover-up.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

ZombieJesus posted:

That's gotta be an intricate Photoshop though right? Dude hasn't got any nipples

Maybe he lost them in a tragic belt sander accident. Don't judge.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm impressed you can form even semi coherent sentences with how dumb and wrong you are. Kudos to your teacher.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I think it's too late for that.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Rough Lobster posted:

So how loving painful must this be when they accidentally bump into a wall or something?

Depending on how it was installed it could be painful all the drat time, especially if the hack doing the implantation nicked a tendon (seriously, that thing is right on top of the finger tendons). poo poo like this is why I don't trust "body modders", half the time they don't know what they're doing and the other half the time they do but they're doing something stupid anyway.

Tattoos at least have millennia of history behind them showing that when done properly they won't kill you. Getting subdermal implants seems like an easy and fast way to get yourself a nice nasty infection or accidentally cripple yourself.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

yook posted:

I wonder if this guy gets numbness/tingling of the fingers if he holds a fist too long. That thing looks thick and the back of the hand isn't actually just a flap of skin. If you do regular heavy lifting, or just look at a skinny old person's hand, you realize pretty quick that the back of the hand is a fairly dense web of surprisingly large arteries and veins. They're big enough hospitals put IVs in them.

I've had IVs in the hand before, and it wasn't a fun experience. There's a reason why they usually put IV in the arm by the elbow, it's because it tends to be easier. I had to get a hand IV because that's what the anesthesiologist wanted for a surgery (it was kidney surgery, so it's not like my arms were in the way).

You'd totally have issues with your hands with something that thick implanted under the top of your hand though, yeah. Go ahead and put your fingers of your left hand on the back of your right where that star is and then wiggle your fingers a bit, there's a lot of moving going on right under the skin.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

To be fair, all the people being eaten is supposed to be horrifying. It's just vores who are terrible.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Autechresaint posted:

Eyeball tattoos continue to weird me out. Like is there any long term studies on the effects of them as you age?

Nope! The techniques are actually only a few years old so nobody knows what the long term effects are of eyeball tattooing.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I don't understand why you would even do that, eyebrows serve an important natural purpose on your face, don't be stupid and get them destroyed.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

wheatpuppy posted:

If it got infected, how would you tell?

Judging from some particularly bad infections I've seen over the years, it would turn green...

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

ReidRansom posted:

That was quick

That took more time than I expected, honestly.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Man what is with people and getting straight edge tattoos and then falling 'off the wagon' so to speak.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That's not a good cover up. White ink is loving terrible at concealing things.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

So maybe I'm crazy (I am crazy) but I'm the only one that sees a bear in that flag tattoo?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Why would anybody get a picture of Anne Frank tattooed on their face???

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Why oh why do people do this? The eye is a very sensitive area of your face and putting dye into your sclera doesn't make you look cool, it makes you look like you have an exotic disease, to say nothing of the fact that we have literally no idea what the long term effects are because only a relative handful of people have undergone the procedure and all of them are BME idiots.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

What's a haert and why is it in their arm?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

there wolf posted:

Is there any kind of fake tattoo that doesn't go on with water?

You can draw with henna to get fake tattoos, but some people are allergic to henna (or some ingredient used in the dye) and get wicked scars from it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah that's definitely a question for the ethicists. Tattoos are far too permanent to really be used for advance care directives like a DNR in my opinion.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Cat Hatter posted:

They would probably argue that killing the animal at all would be unethical because the animal would prefer to continue living.

If an animal committed suicide that would probably be ok though.

Suicide implies a level of volition that animals can't really apply, according to vegans. If the animal died of like old age it would be okay to eat them though. Personally I don't think ethical veganism is possible though, since vegetables and fruits are harvested under practically slave labor conditions in many parts of the world.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Shoehead posted:

I hope that's a commercial basement and not...you know just some random basement of a house.

Look into your heart for the answer. Nobody ever says commercial basement.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

hyperhazard posted:

Ah, I see he's been to the US, the UK, Mexico, Brazil, and Candyland.

Seriously is that not supposed to be a peppermint swirl? Because that is all I see down there.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I don't get it, why the semicolon

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

AlbieQuirky posted:

I don’t know the meme, so to me it just looks like a decent drawing of a frog on a unicycle.

Here come dat boi!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Endless Mike posted:

Apparently embroidery is the new watercolor.

All those tiny lines are just going to melt with age aren't they?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

trapped mouse posted:

Okay, I'm not crazy, right? This is definitely a shibari tattoo? With not even an anthropomorphic furry rendering of a bird, but just...a regular bird?

Jesus

I don't like this. I don't like this very much.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

You want to confuse your dermatologist?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

uXs posted:

I'm not against joke tattoos but this is a stupid idea. Actual fans of the team won't like it, fans of other teams won't like it, and everybody else will either think you're a dumb fan or - if they know you're actually not a (big) fan at all - will just think you're dumb, period.

It's a dumb idea, don't do it.

Get a pizza reaper instead if you want something silly.

Unless the team is the Pizza Reapers, then go for it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's like getting a real bad sunburn. So going through that multiple times will fry your skin badly.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's a different kind of radiation so it shouldn't.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

At least he admits he's not good.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Also who is going to give a poo poo about White Claw in six months to a year. It's pickle Rick all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Is there like a universal law that no face tattoo can ever be well executed or what

Considering every face tattoo ever means you can't get a normal job anymore I'm guessing there's two kinds of people, ones who just don't have practice tattooing on faces, and scratchers.