Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Kingnothing posted:

For some who hates the books so much, you sure have one hell of an opinion for a 7 book, 5000+ page story.

And why not? The first book is amazing, everyone was pumped as gently caress for a whole series of that. But decades passed, King abandoned his Bachman persona, and could no longer write "badass" because he wasn't a starving angry young English teacher anymore, he was a middle age husband and father who had actually faced death and didn't find it cool or badass at all (it was in fact as darkly funny and grotesque as he had always written it, he commented that the guy who ran him down in a minivan talked and behaved like one of his characters). By the last volume he had completely deconstructed and undermined everything he had built in the first half of the series, the series stopped being a fantasy saga and became an examination of what it means to be a fantasy saga writer, he even inserted himself as a character at one point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU