Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

thecluckmeme posted:

It's not even a very good quote from the series, it's a set-up from Book 1 that hints toward literal other planes of existence that are actually the different "worlds" that Stephen King's books exist in. The theme of the whole series is a nihilistic resignation that our actions mean nothing, and a metaphorical wheel called the Wheel of Ka turns on and on, the universes continuing to rise and fall without caring about a single soul. It doesn't matter what any man or gunslinger does in his life, reality in the books is literally cyclical and what will happen has already happened, and what has already happened will happen again, while nothing you do will change it.

Getting that tattooed on your body while claiming it's your favorite series is completely :psyduck: for how hard you miss the point.

Also, the books themselves are really bad. Like, some of the worst thoughts King has ever put to paper. The silliest, the most morally repugnant, the most boring, and the most self-serving passages he's ever written. It's hot garbage in seven volumes with a dumpster fire for an ending.

For some who hates the books so much, you sure have one hell of an opinion for a 7 book, 5000+ page story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

hyperhazard posted:

Is it the part where the kid dies? I don't care enough to dig through boxes for my copy, but now I'm curious.

Yes.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

Have huge chest or cleavage pieces ever looked good?

Yes. A friend.

https://m.imgur.com/ekIVeba?r

Pilfered Pallbearers has a new favorite as of 01:10 on Jul 28, 2016