Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Stringbean posted:

Recent tattoo, 40s "meme"

I wonder if a soldier from way back when ever got a Kilroy tattoo during or after the war.

My grand dad had one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I kind of like the girl on the swing one.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Elsa posted:

It looks like a copy of a copy of something the tattoo artist saw one time in a magazine, a victim of lost in translation.

It still looks kind of understated and cool.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

So are tattoo failures for most people.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Khazar-khum posted:

Where do you find rollerderby now? I loved that poo poo as a kid.

https://wftda.com/leagues

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
As someone with Naruto addict cousins, I can attest that is why he has kitty whiskers.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Well they are Division and League champs. Still stupid though.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Bombadilillo posted:

I dont get it

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/14/fashion/safety-pin-ally-activism.html

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I love the Bay Area and hate LA with the heat of a thousand suns. I still wouldn't get a tattoo like that.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Not a tattoo but....

So is that cock 12 pounds?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

there wolf posted:

After current revelations in the ISOM thread, I can be too down on a man that chooses to celebrate that he wipes his rear end.

What? When is not wiping rear end a thing?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

rydiafan posted:

Clancy Brown

Tom Waits

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

..but poor spelling is forever.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
The moment of perfection when you see the ankle :discourse:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

There's bad incompetent and bad lazy, and this piece manages an ur-state for both.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I just want to burn that image from my memory.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BeTq99LqUo

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

A visual history of sorrow and regret

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Jesus, that's good.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

brb, out hipstering everyone by getting Poe lyrics from Haunted tattooed on me :colbert:

brb, getting a misspelled recipe for tollhouse cookies jail-housed on my face and neck.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

The Wu-Tang beard is what's getting me.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Read After Burning posted:

Based on this:
https://twitter.com/trixiemattel/status/1371539209069027333

I don't 100% hate this! But..the hands/fingers... :ohdear:

That is a very '30s' style of ink art.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Inzombiac posted:

Diamond Age is pretty good, imo, but most of his other work is so long-winded that I fall asleep reading them.

Diamond Age is easily his best work.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Jesus has a very 'Ground Squirrel on Valium' look to him.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Those esses look like cursive Cyrillic zees

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Is there something wrong with me, that I could read 'Strength Lies Within' easily?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

:stonk:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

whypick1 posted:

Source: https://segfault.work/2022/11/25/i-got-a-tattoo/

He says without a hint of irony.

I'm also made at the not-at-all-standard-value component values he used, which he did address, but goddamn man, put some poo poo in series/parallel to make it proper ffs.

I have a whetstone bridge circuit PCB inked on my left arm. None of the resistor color codes are correct...intentionally.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Benjamin Franklin Marsh from Innsmouth.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Picasso's Disney Period

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Nipple docking...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I would never get that tattoo, but it's perfectly understandable that somebody has.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

minato posted:

Tattoo: bad taste
Movie: good taste

Books: Best Taste (but the movie is awesome)

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
That first 'you're' causes me pain

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

No ring.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Marcade posted:

It's not stigmata, it's a Chrussy.

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Definitely a bell-end.