Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

XIII posted:

I've dozed off a number of times, but it's not really the kind of sleep where you're going to be rolling around or shifting. It's more like that half-asleep, half-awake state that you fall into on a plane. For me, it's never more than a minute or two at a time, since the tattooer will shift or something and wake me up for a second or two. gently caress, I wish I could just straight up FALL ASLEEP during a tattoo (but I'm essentially motionless when I'm asleep, so).

That sounds worse to me, since I'm the sort of person that violently jerks when they wake up from that level of sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

TotalLossBrain posted:

The best thing [...] is how upset racist man-children get at the mention of Idris Elba[...]

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

hyperhazard posted:

Is it the part where the kid dies? I don't care enough to dig through boxes for my copy, but now I'm curious.

Yeah, Jake yells it at Roland when he realizes Roland is going to keep chasing after the Man in Black instead of spend the time saving Jake from falling into the chasm

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

rockcity posted:

Beyond that, sinking is all anchors do. How is that a reminder to not sink? You don't see a lot of heroin addicts getting tattoos of syringes after going clean.

Go ask 19th century sailors, they're the weirdoes that came up with it

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Blendy posted:

Poorly done moon or vanilla bean?

This looks like somebody didn't use a coaster

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

People censoring out the names of bad tattooists confuse me. Do they think they're protecting the innocent or something? Because that's definitely the sort of thing that people shouldn't be able to hide from.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Traxus IV posted:

It's a Star Wars thing, Jedi Order I think.

Yeah it's the Jedi Order logo

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

At least they got it right side up

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Also, IIRC, the engraving on those guns is from one of the many ultra gaudy nickel plated Hi Power pistols than Browning has made, but it's been plastered on some kind of mutant 1911.

But... there is no engraving on the guns in that tat.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Autocorrect

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

The biggest issue I got with that is those poorly fitting pants and belt.

Siri can only do so much for you

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

That's shoulder blades, dude.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

I like how you can see the stencil that apparently they ignored, and at least the ball part of the snitch seems good enough on the stencil.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Field Mousepad posted:

Yeah the outside of the arm is total easy mode pain wise.

And I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan but doesn't that thing have almost see through wings in the movies?

In the movies yeah, but what sort of fan gets a tattoo based on the movie version?

Real answer I'm pretty sure in the book illustrations (the little one at the beginning of each chapter) it has feathered wings.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

He probably got it stenciled there, didn't like the position and had it moved.

Nah nah, move it two inches over...

And make it lumpier. Just really lump it all up.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

nerve posted:

placement is actually very important and two inches is a huge distance relatively

Okay but what about the lumpiness because that's the important thing here that you're ignoring

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

I have an upper biceps piece that goes onto my shoulder a bit and when he was tattooing the top of the joint I could feel the vibrations all the way down the bone. It wasn't so much painful as just intensely unpleasant.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Search instagram for #tracemaster

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

TheKennedys posted:

Isn't Kelly Doty a goon (was?) or was that someone else? That style is hauntingly familiar. I know we had a couple of really good artists in the good tattoo thread that I can't find anymore, including someone who was related to one of the big names. Years have dulled my memory, sorry.

Yes, she is, and you're probably thinking of Ed Hardy's son.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

rockcity posted:

I would assume then those rocks did in fact belong to the O'Haras. Maybe people were just stealing their rocks.

Well then it should have said O'Haras'!

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Pointilism can be a style. I'd argue that this is an example of that style executed very poorly.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

So, then, a question for the artists lurking this thread: have you ever had someone come to you wanting something you considered to be an offensive or otherwise tasteless tat? How did you handle it? I imagine you have the right of refusal, yes?

Anybody have a link to the Jezebel article written by somebody who had a meltdown when they wanted to get a really stupid tattoo design in a really bad spot and an artist had the gall to say no to them?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

I forgot about how bad all of her other tattoos are too

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

whypick1 posted:

It's competently done and all, but...memes... :negative:

Reference

This tattoo is preemptively making fun of your reaction.

It's a good tattoo.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

They couldn't have censored the butthole too?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

CommonShore posted:

I saw a terrible but technically well executed violent bondage tattoo in the wild today. Why is this such a seemingly common theme?

People getting off on exhibitionism and also they make terrible decisions

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Kek. It's an alt-right thing

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

:laffo: at using the Air Bud defense for this dude’s Nazi tats covering both of his forearms.

“Without a policy that says nazi slogans aren’t allowed we can’t do anything about it :shrug:

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

You’re really gonna have to explain why you hate this perfectly okay tattoo on a part of the body covered by shirts, and why you want his fiancée to date you instead so much.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Is that a Magpul logo next to the Oblivion symbol?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

there wolf posted:

The issue you get with actual piercing studios is that they're really hesitant to work on children. My 7 year-old niece is thinking about getting her ears done, and her mom can't find someone willing to do it at any of the reputable places.

Wow how strange, why could that possibly be

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Ah yes, Lebanon, famed for it's plains and mountains.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

SatansOnion posted:

don’t forget its majestic, curiously obese lionesses

I legit meant to say lions and somehow typed mountains so thanks for carrying my fumble home for me.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

The Bloop posted:

I know it's been said to death but lol @ "come and take it" directed at the United States Government who could literally kill you from over the curvature of the earth if they wanted to

It’s been working out pretty well for the Taliban

Bombadilillo posted:

This is the person who spent 4 years safely at the school and then did a protest with a gun at graduation to "protest".

She did it to protest a campus policy that banned students from carrying, but nobody else. Her point was that now she’s graduated she’s allowed to carry.

It was a really dumb way of making that point.

She works for InfoWars now

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

“Branded for life” indeed

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

The party was before her dumb photo shoot, it’s just nobody cared until she made a spectacle of herself

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

That’s a really well done tribute to Steve-O and Jar Jar at the same time.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Is getting your forearm tattoo upside down a queer culture thing or a white girl thing

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

How is this a can of worms?

Some people get very defensive of their upside down tattoos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

“Our rank”