Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

steve cardigan posted:

This is awesome.

Here's me:

I had it done at a party, but I didn't get hepatitis. I still feel like it counts.

Ah the artist hosed up your Korgan tattoo.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Tattoo Paradise of Shreveport, LA (aka "the tattoo place next to the karate place behind the McDonald's):

The Shop:

"Ham and cheese knuckle sandwich"

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
I'm suspicious of any shop that puts obvious Instagram filters on their portfolio. Not to mention the shack that may or may not have indoor plumbing.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

AlbieQuirky posted:

I'm the church next to the tattoo place next to the karate place behind the McDonald's.

I'm the Jazzercize beside the church next to the tattoo place next to the karate place behind the McDonald's

🎶 And the green grass grows all around all around

:nws: The green grass grows all around 🎶

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

dpack_1 posted:

So there's a tattoo shack opposite my GF's local bar:

what the poo poo

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Telemaze posted:

What's going on with the raised red skin here?

It's 50/50 on whether it's a lovely 'watercolor' attempt, or the person ran through poison ivy but didn't want to reschedule their sweet tattoo. Some people have an allergy to the red ink specifically, and I feel that's adding to the rashy blister effect.

A GIS for "red ink tattoo reaction" gets real gross real fast.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Johnny Truant posted:

I know where I'm getting my next tattoo from:

Oh man, I was excited that they’re an hour and a half drive away in Madison, but even more excited to think they might just meet me halfway with the truck and I can put that gas money toward a sweet hate symbol: the confederate flag, the iron cross, or Mike

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Phy posted:

On my phone so don't have access to the saclopedia, was Backpanther's back panther one of those?

Nah, abackofpanthers was poised to attack the viewer with its furry elephant leg:

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

The buttcrack anatomy looks awfully familiar (:nws: for cartoon butt).

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Maybe they read bottom-to-top and just really prefer other playground activities.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Speaking of Marines and the level of thought put into their tattoos:

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

There’s a treasure trove in the comments

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

whypick1 posted:

I really want to see what comes out of this: tattoo shop trying to do 900 tattoos in 24 hours

I was curious about the official rules on a record like that (e.g., if you tattoo a small line on 900 people would that count) and I got some info but more importantly I find an article from a Phoenix shop in 2008 with this choice quote from the attempter at that time:

“I want them to look in the Guinness Book at my record and the next loving douchebag who wants to try this loving cringes.”

But apparently the rules include a minimum size of 1.2x3”, at least 2 colors, the whole process must be recorded, and a photo of each tattoo plus ID of the recipient has to be taken and notarized as proof. So most attempts have just been city or state initials (including LA, AZ, and TX), and it’s valid if several of them are done on the same person and/or on the tattooist’s own skin so covering a guy in AZ all over his back counts.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
An apprentice at a local shop just posted this as his first coverup.

Glancing at the thumbnails on Facebook, I thought the second and third picture had been hastily edited with a drawing tool, maybe to cover identifying info or something. Like how people will just use the iPhone markup on photos to cover eyes or nips or license plates. Then I clicked to open the image and see where this coverup tattoo might be and realized the truth.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Baron von Eevl posted:

There have been allowances for some isolated Catholics who did not have access to fish but did have access to aquatic mammals that allows them to eat capybaras in one case, and beavers in another. Traditionally Catholics don't eat land animals on Fridays (I thought it was only during lent, but I guess for some hardliners it's every Friday).

Not a tattoo, but relevant:

And another Lenten Approved Critter, the crawfish:

“CRAWFISH TATTOO REALIZED - This is my latest tattoo of my own design done by my cousin at New Traditions Tattoo in Beaumont, TX.”

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

LifeSunDeath posted:

LOL

e,c:

no clue what this is supposed to be other than sysiphus but also LOL at the bitcoin tattoo

The shape and shading in the timg made it look like an unfortunate Synthol placement, with planet texturing that looks like ‘roid-acne. I want to lance the tattoo and see what comes out.