Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
While this one isn't tasteless or anything it really bothers me...

The feet belong to different people that wanted a matching friend tattoo. But what are they going to do when they aren't together, have half a flower on one foot??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

whypick1 posted:

That one looks hella photoshopped.

Besides all the other things wrong with it, that first "S" is bugging the poo poo out of me

It's griping me that 'illa' and 'salmonella' don't rhyme

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

beep-beep car is go posted:

It does with a Boston accent.

I'm English so don't know what a Boston accent sounds like.

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
Just...why??

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
Why do people with poo poo foot tattoos always have really nasty feet?

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
Oops misconstrued that reply.

ricketyvickyt has a new favorite as of 00:17 on Jun 10, 2017

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

nerve posted:

I mean terrible tattoos yeah but what makes you call those feet nasty lol

I hate feet in general but they are in serious need of a pedicure for the dry/cracked heels, horrid toes and they either suffer from fluid retention or just have really fat feet.

To be fair, I'm drunk and was being dramatic to have a laugh with a fellow goon who happens to be a mate. Little did I know he's currently fast asleep 🙄

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

nerve posted:

They are def fat rear end feet

I'm sticking with they are horrible haha. I hate feet so much that even when I got my feet tattooed, to show them off in pictures I crop out every part of my feet except the skin with the ink in it.

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

Heath posted:

Your feet carry you everywhere, friend. Learn to love them.

I do love them...as long as I don't have to look at them 😂

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

treiz01 posted:

Just lol if you think this is on a woman

That's a sad man

Definitely a woman. You can tell by the shape of the start of her boobs.

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

😂😂

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

Snowy posted:

I don't know any redneck douchebags to ask, so: what's the deal with the monster logo? It seems to have transcended advertising but I don't know what it's supposed to represent besides lots of energy or something.

I don't know any rednecks either but my UK born and raised ex had the green Monster logo tattooed on her neck...it's a cover up of her ex girlfriends name 🙄

Edit: before you ask, no I don't have any pictures because I wisely blocked her on all social media

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
I don't think I've posted this yet...

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

Oh god how did neither the tattooist or the person getting it notice that when the stencil was drawn/applied!! And then to post it on Instagram all proud of it!

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
At a passing glance, to me, this is really unreadable but I can't put my finger on why...

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

HungryMedusa posted:

I mean I get what you're saying but a better artist would have the lines in the flowers follow the scars and not have those weird lines in the leaves that draw attention to the lines in the scars.

It will likely look better healed, but I feel bad for this person trying to move on from self harm getting a mediocre tattoo.

I think that's what's throwing me off. It doesn't seem to flow properly. I knew it was a scar cover up. There are a million and ideas that would've been better.

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
What a waste of prime real estate:

It's THFC for Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
I don't remember Dorothy having meth teeth

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
This came from an Ink Master fan page on Facebook...

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
I don't know what to say about this arm!

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

This is amazing!

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
It came from the Ink Master fan page on Facebook:

NSFW!!!

https://imgur.com/a/fTx2o

ricketyvickyt has a new favorite as of 21:25 on Oct 5, 2017

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
I really hate watercolour tattoos!

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

Frozen Pizza Party posted:

If she only started 3 months ago, per that post, she needs to stop doing lovely ideas because her lines are actually decent.

The guy she is working under suggested her to finish my Nightmare Before Christmas sleeve, which is why I was on her profile, she has done a NBC piece where Jack Skellington looks like he has Psoriasis. Not really the look I was going for on my arm!

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Making a skeleton look like it has a skin condition is pretty loving impressive.

I know!

In my opinion, she should stick to this kind of style and work on mastering it instead of lovely watercolour!

ricketyvickyt has a new favorite as of 08:22 on Oct 6, 2017

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
I'm waiting for confirmation on who's face this is supposed to be?!

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

My money's on The Colonel.

Hahaha that's what I thought at first. The guys name is Apollo so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's why he got the A

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

Anime Reference posted:

I dunno if I'm missing a joke here or if you actually don't know, but that's the University of Alabama logo and the bust is of Bear Bryant, who was Alabama's football coach for about 800 years.

No I honestly didn't know. I'm from the UK and don't watch American College football. Sorry. The guy did just say it was Bear Bryant.

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

What's with the uh?

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

Field Mousepad posted:

Uh you should not get a nightmare before Christmas sleeve.

But if you do be sure to post it here!

It's already started. But I guess I should probably regret it now that some one on the internet told me not to do it??

I have Harry Potter related tattoos on my feet also...I guess you could say I like film related tattoos.

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

CommonShore posted:

Instead of finishing the sleeve you should mix what you already have with a grim reaper driving a rail engine which is pulling an open coal car full of chilli and the caption ROOTIN' TOOTIN'

When I say it's started, I mean all the line work is in, it needs shading and colouring.

However, after seeing examples in the good tattoo thread, I'm all for a grim reaper pun tattoo on another body part haha

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

Haha I didn't shoot your idea down al together. There is just no place for it on my left arm...sorry!

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

nerve posted:

Post your tattoos

This is after the first session on the sleeve...I haven't got any decent progress pics. The reason it's a sleeve is because I didn't want it to just be Jack Skellington and the artist wanted to do a big piece so I just told her which characters I wanted and then let her put it together. Then she moved to Berlin and has now disappeared so I can't find it when she is doing guest spots back in the UK so have the fun job of finding a new artist to take over a design that was mainly in her head...very annoying!

Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley:

Confectionary sleeve (in progress which is why you can see the card suits that are being covered up)

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

Johnny Truant posted:

Might be that photo but that might've been a blessing in disguise that the artist can't finish that sleeve.

I remember seeing your confectionary sleeve(pretty sure at least), that's cool. I'm gonna get a donut-reaper soon :hfive:

Yeah that's another reason why I'm looking for a new one and I'm taking my time about it because they need to rework parts of it. The guy that did my feet was really up for doing it but I don't know.
Yeah I posted it in the other thread. I think you were bothered that you can still see the old card suits.

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

Voyager I posted:

Without meaning any disrespect to you, under no circumstances should you allow the person who did your foot tattoos to work on a more visible part of your body.

You are definitely better off with just linework than subpar coloring.

That's why I haven't already give him my money and let him loose. I don't want the sleeve to be blocked out solid colour if you get what I mean. I want like proper shading and tone transistors. It's hard to put it into words but I will know when I've seen the artist who does the colour style I want.

I've taken to asking the other tattoo thread for their guidance when I think I've found someone that looks decent.

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

Weldon Pemberton posted:

Party rings are mediocre as biscuits go :britain:

I like a party ring every now and again...as long as I've got a brew to dunk them in!

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

bulletsponge13 posted:

Dagger and Donuts tattoo rules.

Thank you 😁😁

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
It's her husband's initials in morse code...all I'm seeing is the word 'ill' wonkily drawn down her finger

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
I don't get why you would go through so much pain for something that isn't going to last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

rockcity posted:

I had the same thought when I saw it too. I follow that artist on IG because he tattooed a friend of mine while we were on tour up in the Northeast.

I was coming here to post this...that is one hell of a way to put me off taking a trip down