Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

CommonShore posted:

:wtc: fell asleep? Was popping oxy while getting a tattoo (and pregnant)?

Some people can sleep while getting tattooed. I've personally never tried, but I'd be willing to bet I could if I wanted to. I never would though, because I'm sure I'd end up rolling over or shaking myself awake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Internet Wizard posted:

That sounds worse to me, since I'm the sort of person that violently jerks when they wake up from that level of sleep.

Same here, which is why I don't really try to relax like that. I tend to just talk the whole time anyway.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Sentient Data posted:

My hope is an anchor and i need to remember to never sink and faith flys like birds so i should just surrender to blind worship and shun any actual hopes for myself or something like that

Beyond that, sinking is all anchors do. How is that a reminder to not sink? You don't see a lot of heroin addicts getting tattoos of syringes after going clean.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

CommonShore posted:

For actual people who know what anchors mean, an anchor is about being steady and solid.

That's my point really, if they got it for that reason, that would make sense, but the whole "I refuse to sink" thing people seem to have assimilated with it doesn't.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Scratch Monkey posted:

I don't think the kind of job that person works requires an interview or has an office dress policy

I would think a strip club would have both, just maybe not in the traditional sense.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Thin Privilege posted:

I'm looking forward to the blobby mess to be posted one year from now. No matter how well it's done it's not gonna look good past this.

E: not saying it's done well

It's also upside down. And I'm not even going to listen to the "I got this for me" argument here because it's a tribute, it's not for you.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Ok Fella posted:

Are those screws in the baby's eyes?

Subdermal implant jewelry. I've seen it integrated into tattoos with some moderate success. This is not one of them.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

The_end posted:

The middle part looks like a dick.

Not as much as the Brock Lesnar "sword".

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Sentient Data posted:

Sadly (thankfully?) those suicide squad tattoos probably aren't real; they don't have any of the telltale marks of fresh tattoos, and temporary ones based on the movie's designs are being sold all over the place http://www.ebay.com/bhp/joker-tattoo?rmvSB=true

Reminder that this, however, was real
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=skwad%20tattoo&tbs=imgo:1

And one of them apparently had the misspelling misspelled as "swad"

Huh? The lucky you one sure looks like a freshly unwrapped tattoo to me. You can see the red shape of where it was covered up after it was done.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

there wolf posted:

My only problem with this is the shading around the image is just the right color to look like a bruise.

A lot of that is actually bruising from being a fresh tattoo. I'd be willing to bet that faint shading looks better healed. I know the artist that did it and I'd trust her on that.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
Also all the heads are facing backwards on the arm because the original was done on the other side of the body.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

uXs posted:

I don't like the tattoo because the wings look too much like a tree to me.

I actually thought it was a tree at first.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Why is dick capitalized? Is it a man named Dick that is being sucked?

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

The Walken Dead?

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

LanceHunter posted:

How in the world did they infer that Walken had that much thick stubble from that photograph?

Also, from that same page:

I cannot even imagine how much that must have hurt. When I got my arm-band, the part of it on the inside of the arm near the arm-pit was hellish to endure.

Yeah, part of my half sleeve goes into my arm pit a bit. That was at the end of a 7 hour session and it sucked. The knee ditch is also really lovely.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
She's also tattooed quite a number of goons, myself included, so her work has been in the other tattoo thread quite a bit over the years.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Thin Privilege posted:

^^ beaten, 18th century is way earlier than I assumed though :negative:

I remember being a kid in the early 90s (probably 91) and getting pissed off at these rocks that said "the o'hara's" or some similar Irish name with an unnecessary apostrophe, because we had just learned what apostrophes were for. It's been around for a while.

I would assume then those rocks did in fact belong to the O'Haras. Maybe people were just stealing their rocks.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Phimosissy posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a single foot tattoo that I didn't hate.

Exception for humorous under-the-big-toe type poo poo I guess.

I would post mine, but I don't have a photo of them this second. I will admit that I haven't seen a ton of good feet tattoos, but I have seen some other good ones. Mine are also now part of much larger tattoos though. Both will be full leg sleeves before too long.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Yeah, I've had a bunch of joking names for them. Leggings, pants, crotch high socks.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
Just looks like a new school sloth to me. It's not a great tattoo, but it's not awful.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
Yeah, shaving wouldn't affect it at all. Shaving can exfoliate the top skin layer, but that layer doesn't actually even contain the tattoo ink. Exfoliating off that layer actually makes your tattoo look brighter so if anything, regular shaving would make it look better, not worse.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

RheaConfused posted:

Yup. I'm a lady with lots of colorful leg tattoos who shaves regularly. They all look great.

Yup. I'm a dude with lots of colorful leg tattoos who also now shaves regularly.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

Same guy? I vaguely remember that one now.

No, the Pikachu was Lindsay Baker.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

I follow him on Instagram and I had to stop for a second and really wrap my head around that tattoo. Not that I didn't know what it was, but why it existed.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

ricketyvickyt posted:

Isn't the 'galaxy' the cover up? I don't see how it would be the other way round?

The galaxy is a smaller tattoo, you can't cover a larger tattoo with a smaller one...

Also look at the shading on the flowers in the middle versus the flowers on the outside. It's pretty obvious it's a cover up.

Edit: Didn't realize there was another page.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

The_end posted:

https://imgur.com/a/6QtIu
Check out this great tattoo i spotted in Orlando.

Yep. Theme parks are full of terrible tattoos. I tend to get a large amount of compliments on mine when I go, probably because of how bad most are.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

sout posted:

Twiztid is like the off-brand ICP isn't it?

More like their ICP Jr. They are produced by them on their record label, so it's not like they're straight ripping them off.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

AlbieQuirky posted:

The two groups are having a feud now. It is amusing.

Excellent. I fully plan to read into this. It could be very hilarious. I have a hate/love/hate relationship with ICP. Their music is hot garbage, but the people watching at an ICP show is well worth the price of admission.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

whypick1 posted:

What the hell is "STRAIGHT EOGE"?

Someone who doesn't drink, smoke or do drugs. If you're really hardcore some of them are abstinent too.

Snowy posted:

Post links if you find anything good! I'm kind of in the same boat. I was pretty tempted to go to the Gathering of the Juggalos just for the schadenfreude.

The other day I relistened to the great Tom Scharpling / Paul F Tompkins bit about the commercial for the gathering

My wife and I have sincerely debated going for a few years now because it would be an otherworldly experience. The problem is I think I'd be good after a day and I'm not flying out to bumfuck nowhere for one day.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

mediocre dad okay posted:

I'm pretty sure the eyebrows on the third picture aren't tattooed on, considering they extend beyond the woman's skin on the right end of the picture

The idea is you let the hair grow back over the tattooed brows, you don't just keep them shaved. It is just to fill them in, much in the way you would use an eyebrow pencil. That's not to say some people don't draw them on completely with pencil either.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

sweeperbravo posted:

Lmao. In that tattoo, when they saw her again a few years later, was it misspelled again or did they correct it in the second one?

It was definitely still misspelled. The rumor going around is that the guy was a roadie of some sort and they were tours he worked. Which makes the misspelling even funnier.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

ricketyvickyt posted:

Cover up which doesn't actually cover it up

My guess is this is going to be a color tattoo and they just broke it into two sessions. The artist actually says it is in progress and one more to go. Not that I believe it will be a great cover up though.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Zil posted:

If this tattoo exists I believe the tweet screw up one is real as well.

Believing someone would get it is not the issue. The issue is that it is clearly not tattoo ink. Black tattoo ink would not have any sheerness like that.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

BrigadierSensible posted:

What bothers me about this tattoo isn't the silly joke, nor the fact that it only rhymes if you are mispronouncing one of the words, it is the skull and crossbones smooshed between her tits.

How hard would that have been to tattoo? Did she have to pull them apart for the entire tattooing process? Also why?

She is wearing a bra and it is pushing her breasts together. She would not have been wearing the bra during the tattoo. It is pretty simple.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

RickVoid posted:

I think my favorite part of the tattoo is the implied herpes.

I do want to know what those dots in the lips are now.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
Yeah the first one is more of just an ironic joke tattoo and will hold up as a joke over time. The second is just a lovely meme and will always look like a lovely meme.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
The most offensive thing in that tattoo is the incorrect comma usage.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

nerve posted:

i was gonna joke that this guy probably has thousands of IG followers but he literally has 22k lmfao

It's like an actually bad Mr. Heggie, but with black metal.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
That seems like a perfect example of "it would be better on a shirt".

It would honestly be a better tattoo if it were just a big backpiece of a bunch of those characters actually fighting. Just a big mashup melee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Garrand posted:

How painful are foot tattoos?

Asking for a friend

It's bearable but it ranks high in the worst spots I have had tattooed list. I did however have both feet tattooed at the same time by two artists for seven hours though, so I've been told I am kind of crazy.