Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
This one is always my favorite Sean from Texas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
This is one of my favorite chest pieces. It's also a torso and leg piece, but meh.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

All that pain and trouble for a pretty awful cover-up. Beats the original abomination but still, why trade up to mediocre?

You assume that anyone who gets posted in this thread has thought about tattoos more than "welp, I saved up my $75 better go get bob to cover up my chest"

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
How impressed you are with your own art is inversely proportional to how good you are, so clearly you have to watermark your images so that people dont steal that drawing you made by ripping something off pinterest.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Johnny Truant posted:

Why are there two hearts(?) bilaterally? Who has a butthole in their solar plexus? Why is there half of a brass ball where their sphincter should be?!

I'm guessing that's her belly button, but holy poo poo that placement.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I don't know why, but the only part of that tattoo that really bugs me is that Iron Man takes up two letters while all the rest of them only take up one.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Looking at it closer, superman and batman are WAY higher quality than the rest. I mean, look at hulks face.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Don Gato posted:

That superman and batman are literally Alex Ross art pasted in there

I've seen tattoos that accurately mimic Alex Ross art perfectly, so it wouldn't surprise me to see a tattoo of it. It's just comparing it to the others that makes it obvious.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Retro Futurist posted:

It's like a Ring girl but more terrifying

It's for all the nerds who watched the ring and were like, holy gently caress girls can come out of TV sets? I bet she will totally dig me too!

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Zaphod42 posted:

whyyyyy

also if the subject matter wasn't terrible enough the art is as well

'Perfection' is just too ironic

Also especially extra great because Billy Mitchell has been exposed as a fraud, and this guy's stuck with the tattoo of the 'perfection' cheater lol

I'm just going to believe that tattoo is fresh, and they got it around the same time Billy Mitchell was exposed as a fraud. Instant regret is the best schadenfreude.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Rotten Red Rod posted:

It's nerdy but I wouldn't call this a bad tattoo by any means.

I don't know about you, but I certainly wouldn't want a toddlers first attempt at tattooing on my shoulder like that.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I totally got the reference and I still wouldn't want toddlers first tattoo on my shoulder.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Say Nothing posted:

Refuse to ink?

I’m not one for the “can’t read what the text says “ thing that goons do, but this one clearly says Munster

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
gently caress, that really sucks. It's one thing if someone had a bad tattoo but thinks its good, and another when the person thinks its bad and has to live with it. Hopefully she can get some lazer / blastovers / coverups to help out.

Xun posted:

I kind of wonder what is with people seeing tattoos/designs on the internet that is clearly done by a competent artist and then assuming some rando can do it for like 30$. Do they think everyone who can pick up a pencil can replicate the Sistine chapel? :psyduck:

Outside of this thread, I expect most people think of tattoo artists as laser printers for skin. Actual artistic ability doesn't even cross their minds.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Me: My career is 100% dependent on how i look
Also me: I'm gonna go to this guy to tattoo my eyeball because he said he'd do it cheap.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
It looks like a sucky panther reference too.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I forgot what tattoo thread i was in and thought someone had just posted that sleeve in the good tattoos thread. thank god.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

whypick1 posted:

Is "polka trash" short hand for "looks like a temporary tattoo that didn't transfer cleanly"?

I dunno if this is a legit question, but trash polka is a totally awesome tattoo style. Bad trash polka is of course bad, but otherwise its awesome.

they are usually pretty abstract, which isn't for everyone, but done well they are great.

For example:

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Count me in on the over-30 tattoo crowd. I’m happy I waited because now I have rad tattoos and not a lot of poor life decisions.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
It’s the same phenomenon as truck nuts. “Look at me. I’m such a man. I even have sex. How can you tell? Because I have tits on my arm”

I mean, gently caress you can even buy fake plastic testicles for your dog after being neutered because your dog having nuts is a sign of your masculinity.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

This is a loving great tattoo.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Chichevache posted:

I genuinely would not want to look at my own face while I gently caress my partner.

You dramatically underestimate the kind of person who would pressure someone to tattoo their face onto their partners body. its the same kind of person who puts a mirror over the bed.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I love that the lovely tattoo artist put the cat ears in. Its so obviously a different tattoo, but nope it's gotta be the same as the photo.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Field Mousepad posted:

That's not a lot of color, it's mostly bluish stuff. And it's it's not a huge piece. 8 hours is way too much

yes, because the amount of colors used defines how long a tattoo takes, and not the surface area covered.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I love that the tattoo already looks as old as most of the tech in it.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

The Bloop posted:

It is honestly better than 99% of tattoos I have ever seen

One of my biggest hesitations about getting a tattoo myself is that I have seen way, way. wayyyy more bad ones than good ones irl

Most tattoos are bad for the same reason that most art is purchased at Ikea - you just pick whatevers cheap and convenient.

And yeah they are expensive - my sleeve cost $6k. But you don't have to go that big. I don't mind spending the money because what else am I going to spend it on thats gonna last me the rest of my life?

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Giga Pet giveaway posted:

I could not hate this more, thank you.
It bothers me that they chose two toes with such a difference in length, it feels like moving it one over to the left would have given him normal legs (unless that's a joke I'm missing not being a fan)?

You’ve already put more thought into it than the artist and customer, that’s for sure.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Getting a lovely tattoo you didn't want sucks, but at least it's not a full back. It's gonna fall out quickly and it's easily covered up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

That's some impressive realism. Too bad it's such a poo poo subject.