Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
"I fell asleep and when I woke up it was totally not what I wanted" is the go-to excuse for a tattoo you regret, even after that Russian girl made global news for lying her rear end off about not wanting a face full of stars.

That said, if you go to a shop where the artist will just keep going long after you've passed out, that bad tattoo is still your own goddamn fault. Don't blame the kitchen inker for giving you exactly what you came to his double-wide for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Blendy posted:

"make me look unique and thoughtful, like adele in her dressing room"

"want me to 'shop out that horrible ink?"

"why"

"mspaint can flip images right"

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Gonna be a difficult coverup job when she tuns 18 and changes her name to something not ridiculous

Thin Privilege posted:

Possibly covering up cutting scars, it more likely just stupid "dna"

This is so pretentious it hurts

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

dpack_1 posted:

So there's a tattoo shack opposite my GF's local bar:

First of all, "Final Solutions Ink?" Great, now I know I don't need to beat around the bush when I ask for an enormous swastika tattoo!

Second, those boy and girl Browning deerhead designs crack me the gently caress up because inbred fuckers don't realize that the original logo has a goddamn buck and a doe in it already, so by taking the horns off the logo and flipping it like that, you've created two pair of deer, one of which is a lesbian couple

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

cyberia posted:

I really hope P-slam is his street name :allears:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PSLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT’S CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I PSLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Lizard Combatant posted:

Have huge chest or cleavage pieces ever looked good?

I've seen like, one (in person), and she had flown out to California to have it done by someone who probably charges more per hour than I make in a week.

All the other ones, though? They range from "I should've found a better artist" to "I need a twelve-pack of turtlenecks from Costco if you go"

I think the worst offenders I've come across are kitchen job Ford TRUCKS logo with superimposed Browning deerhead logo and (admittedly well-inked) VEGAN in Copperplate Bold on the side of a smiling cow.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Johnny Truant posted:

...to imgur. I know it doesn't have a file type at the end, so I tried just adding .jpg and it still didn't work?

Watch it. It's good.

also imgur was recently redesigned in an attempt to harvest more ad impressions, so now you have to link straight to the image, not to the "album" or "post" or whatever

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
IIRC that's paint. It was a marketing thing.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Morglock posted:

One of my friends got a tattoo today. He's been talking about it excitedly for weeks, now, but he hasn't explained what it was.

I didn't expect it to be this bad. And of course he posts the picture three hours after he gets home.

His words:

"For those of you who don't understand the tattoo,
the "kanji" and the symbol its about the elements, fire, water, air, earth.
The 5 points on the star represent the 4 main elements
and the 5th point going down represents "self".
The paw print is for my spirit animal.
Religiously, worship yourself and nature."

You know that sound when semi trucks downshift to slow down? A sigh/groan just came out of my mouth that sounded just like that.

Holy poo poo that's terrible.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Antivehicular posted:

A friend of mine has a story like this about her dad, who had a tattoo of "Cora" (his ex-wife's name) reworked into "Marine Corps."

The dad was not in the Marines.

"Un Corazón" would've been my choice, but Marine Corps is pretty funny too.

"You have a tattoo? Of what?"

"A heart :haw:"

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
SIYiL3 dog collar

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Smart money's on "that's the name of my fursona"

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Since this is the only tattoo thread I'm aware of, I figure this is as good of place as any to ask.

I was getting my back piece colored in and my artist loves to make chit chat and so do I, so I asked her a lot of questions about tattooing. One was if she had ever tattooed a dong. She said no but she had been asked but she turned it down because she wouldn't really know how to do it, as in if it would be hard or soft, or if just only on the shaft because the head's skin is too sensitive/would bleed too much. I'm pretty sure I've seen a picture of at least one tattooed dick.

So, my question is does anyone know the ins and outs of tattooing a dick? Hard or soft? Any no go zones?

Also I don't remember how it came up, but she told me that she'd had multiple requests to do tattoos with cremated remains and she also turns them down, not only because it's probably against tons of health codes, but because she's just end up wiping most of the ashes off, mixed into the ink, with a paper towel and tossing it in the bin.

During my last work, I asked my artist about dong tattoos. He said 1) He turns down the work because it's really, really difficult to make it look good and 2) "I wish people would stop asking me to do it." I guess some dude had come in a week earlier and wanted a hundred dollar bill tattooed around the circumference of his wingwang and was super pissed when he was turned away. Guy like that's probably got plenty of experience with people not wanting to touch his dong, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Stoatbringer posted:

How long till the "covfefe" tattoos start showing up?

I want to get one so when people ask about it I can say "Haha you gotta figure out what it means, in no way did I gently caress up and get a bad tattoo, that's not what happened, it was intentional"