Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

rockcity posted:

Some people can sleep while getting tattooed. I've personally never tried, but I'd be willing to bet I could if I wanted to. I never would though, because I'm sure I'd end up rolling over or shaking myself awake.

I've fallen asleep for all three of the larger pieces I have. It's always in some position where I'm laying down and the sound of the machine, I dunno, just lulls me to sleep, I guess.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

That said, if you go to a shop where the artist will just keep going long after you've passed out, that bad tattoo is still your own goddamn fault. Don't blame the kitchen inker for giving you exactly what you came to his double-wide for.

Yeah, when I started with my artist, I told him I was exhausted and the first couple of times he stopped and woke me up. After that I just told him to keep going and wake me up when he needed to.

10 Beers has a new favorite as of 19:48 on May 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Beastie posted:

If you want primo bad tattoos take a trip to Santa Claus Indiana. Holiday World has all the 30 year old poorly inked Tasmanian Devils you could ask for.

I'm talking brand tattoos out the ying-yang all done by their cousin who is on probation.

I'm talking Monster, Ford, Dekalb Corn, it's all there on the most over-tanned over-fed flesh imaginable.

This true. loving Holiday World. Everyone in Louisville and Indiana rave about that place, but it's really Kind depressing for a theme park.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Well this is awkward.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Ahahahahahahaha!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Could it be a detached hydra?

I'm going with a tree bong.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

King of Foolians posted:

Aren't these hands upside down?

I...I think they're someone else's. Or something else's.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

BrigadierSensible posted:

Sorry to continue the derail:

But Rick and Morty in and of itself is OK. It's a cartoon with a smarter-than-everyone-else nihilist as the main character and a bunch of wacky monkey-cheese multiverse poo poo around the edges.
Just like Harry Potter in and of itself is OK. It's a story about a boy wizard who fulfills his destiny with a bunch of ye-olde English public school bullshit around the edges.

Where both of these, (and many others), go wrong is the fans who define themselves by the fact they like it. i.e. not "Hi, I'm Dave, I am a person who enjoys Harry Potter.", its "Hi, I'm a Harry Potter fan named Dave." If you know what I mean.

On the tattoo part of it, it's cool to get a tattoo of something you like, even if that thing is a representation of media you have consumed. What is not cool is using taht tattoo in lieu of a personality, or as an explanation of your entire self. i.e. "look at my pickle rick! The show is clever and wacky, and I have a joke from it on me. This means I am both clever and wacky, so I never have to actually prove I am either by doing anything."

Sorry about the boring rant. Here is a media based/pop cultural tattoo that I think is stupid, and by extension can infer the person with it is a fuckknuckle.

Fixer Upper?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Johnny Truant posted:

Always wanted to know what a facehugger and an Xbox controller's spawn would look like.

I legit thought it was a terribly misdrawn Infinity Gauntlet coming out of the controller at first.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Great Metal Jesus posted:

What the gently caress are the stripes on that garbage tattoo supposed to be? They look like they're supposed to be made of marble (or pubes) but that's the dumbest loving thing.

It almost looks like they're signatures.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

If it’s not a dick-kite and it’s a tribute then I don’t think anyone is going to tear you.

Don’t get anything tattooed on you that can even remotely be assumed to be a fascist marking.

This. I've wanted a vegvisir tattoo forever, but it's not worth it.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

IUG posted:

That compass is broken. How do you think they got lost in the first place?

Maybe it's supposed to be deep, like the words are going off the map because you have to go off the map to truly get lost in order to find yourself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

rydiafan posted:

That had to have been intentional. Please, Lord tell me it's a meta joke.

Also, that tattoo wasn't done by Jason, it was done by Lee Rowlett, the guy that did the greenscreen Rick and Morty tattoo. And yeah# it was totally intentional.