Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

fullroundaction posted:

It's completely unremarkable, I was just amused/irritated for a few reasons.

* My wife is heavily tattooed and is very involved in the scene where we live, so all of our friends who are first timers usually go to her for advice and then (almost always) completely ignore it (like she did)

* I googled the quote just to see if she hosed it up out of curiosity and the FIRST RESULT on is the Wikipedia page for the book which has it correct

* She claims it's her favorite quote from her favorite book and she got it wrong

* She posts nonstop about how you're an idiot if you mess up spelling and grammar stuff, and she got a tattoo of a grammatically incorrect sentence

Yes, I'm an idiot for caring at all about any of this. Don't worry I know.

As someone who has no exposure to Dark Towers, it seems so dumb that this quote should mean so much to someone. Out of context, it just seems like someone is really into astronomy or psychedelics. But it's probably just some overwrought nerd poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU