Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
please do not disrespect mighty Russian hockey culture comrade fyodor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

wait wtf did that guy cut his jugular how

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Lichy posted:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

They're talking about taking fighting out of hockey because of injuries and depression suffered by team Enforcers, aka goons

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Professor Shark posted:

They're talking about taking fighting out of hockey because of injuries and depression suffered by team Enforcers, aka goons

maybe if they were better at playing hockey they wouldn't be depressed!

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
The coolest hockey player ever is George Laraque. He is black, speaks more than 1 language, smiles a lot, enjoys living life with family and friends, and he doesn't eat meat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G5PWiqt6qU&t=49s

He is everything I hope every goon can someday become.

He scored a hat trick once, which is weird as hell because he was a straight-up enforcer and had absolute hands of stone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBsfoeJer_c

EvilTwig
Jan 31, 2001
http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=Skating_Ability_and_Posting_in_Hockey_Threads:_An_Analysis

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq6EFkPR4nc

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Irish Hurling > all sports.

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003
counterpoint

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hey op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urcqQC02YbY

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
why did they stop highlighting the puck?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Bea Nanner posted:

how hard is it to track something black against a white background

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
its small and moves fast?

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013

Lichy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR-wA4SmbO4

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Bea Nanner posted:

Because you can see the puck in 1080P

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Bea Nanner posted:

its small and moves fast?

let me guess youre american

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
let me guess youre a oval office

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Bea Nanner posted:

let me guess youre a oval office

yes but i also dont have a fat american face thats too slow to track a puck across a screen

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
i dont watch or follow hockey but i remember it used to have a neon halo that was cool and now it doesnt so i asked a question in this very thread in the general bullshit subforum of the something awful internet comedy forum

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

i challenge you to a game of buckets in the locker room after the game

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Hockey is awesome and slapshot is the 2nd best sports movie ever after caddyshack

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
idk it all seems pretty hokey

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

That was super loving wtf. Blood was spurting from his neck
I still don't get how he got cut, though

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
You know why black guys don't play hockey

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Drunk Nerds posted:

That was super loving wtf. Blood was spurting from his neck
I still don't get how he got cut, though

Ice skates are sharp metal blades.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

notZaar posted:

Because equipment and ice time is expensive and black families & schools are typically poorer? This then leads to a cultural barrier that makes it hard for black youths to want to get into hockey.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Speleothing posted:

Because equipment and ice time is expensive and black families & schools are typically poorer? This then leads to a cultural barrier that makes it hard for black youths to want to get into hockey.

Nope! Because every other sport pays better. Being a star hockey player in the US is a step above being on Judge Judy for notoriety.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nope! Because every other sport pays better. Being a star hockey player in the US is a step above being on Judge Judy for notoriety.

They get multimillion contracts akin to NFL contracts

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

They get multimillion contracts akin to NFL contracts

Also, NHL contracts have guaranteed salary, in NFL contracts the salaries are non-guaranteed.

Laderhan fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Apr 16, 2016

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
Considering the speed of the game, I've always found hockey boring. Kind of weird since I've a bunch of friends that really love it and keep trying to get me into it. Also, from my understanding, I thought the hockey-goon was already becoming a thing of the past. I hear the game is faster and more technical now.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Fire Barrel posted:

Considering the speed of the game, I've always found hockey boring. Kind of weird since I've a bunch of friends that really love it and keep trying to get me into it. Also, from my understanding, I thought the hockey-goon was already becoming a thing of the past. I hear the game is faster and more technical now.

you can't be technical if youre laying on the ice, that's why there will always be some kind of goon

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Marvin Freeman posted:

don't sign your thread titties

fixed

that's how I read it

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

GO KINGS GO!

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

notZaar posted:

Because it's played on frozen water?

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
*Official blows whistle to suspend play in a completely mundane fashion*
*Player throws an awkward poorly timed punch at an opposing team's player*
*Mob of people on the ice flailing against each other for 30 seconds*
*For the next 5 minutes everyone on the ice just kind of grabs each others jerseys while yelling "gently caress"*
*Officials spend an additional five minutes determining how to distribute penalties*

"No way to prevent this," says sport where this routinely happens.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

i like the part where they play hockey

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I miss Tie Domi.

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

it can be okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Navin Johnson