Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I really like the animation in this thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I really like how they're handling the man-out-of-time elements so far. Feels natural, and so far has complimented the story instead of bogging it down. I'm interested in where the story is going. "Sci-fi happened...in the past!" is usually real fun to me.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Also taking on a mech with just your sword is always a totally baller move. It was awesome in Escaflowne and its awesome here.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I like how in the previous episode they do the "man out of time thinks there's tiny people in the screen" and Yukina is just all like "Oh come on can we just skip this part please?"

Kennousuke has a gently caress load of scars for someone his age, but I guess he's seen a pretty absurd amount of poo poo too.

I like how the show didn't just stop to introduce the whole supporting cast, but now we're sort of going back to get to know them through them having to be introduced to Kennousuke.

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 1, 2016

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I like how the little sister speaks in an old timey way for Kennosuke

I'm pretty sure Koharu does whatever the gently caress she wants, in this case talking like characters in the period dramas that she's a fan of. That a Real Actual Samurai is now living with her is just the world's best icing on the cake.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

a kitten posted:

Did you know that quote is not edit?

I'm glad anime is finally admitting it has a Nobunaga as an anime girl problem.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Deploying your robots by firing them out of a railgun :black101:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm glad to see Kennousuke adapt to the posting lyfe so quickly.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
It was a pretty :mrapig: thing to post.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Davincie posted:

mulder and scully eh

vindication at last, eh mulder?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Phobophilia posted:

god drat are they really bad at internal security

"Man crushes own hand and wrist and takes out 4 armed guards in 5 seconds" is not something most security people are prepared to deal with.

He was also marking where the security cameras were the whole time so he could avoid them long enough for his giant robot to show up.

None of this excuses not giving him a shock collar though, yeah.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

The only thing I can think of as an in universe explanation would be that he is considered a POW and there are rules about treatment of POWs that make shock collars off limits, Kennosuke is just a dude so they can do what they want to him.

Also here's hoping Bandana Boy and Camera Creep end up piloting a captured robot. :laugh:

Efidolg: The secret signatory of the Geneva Conventions. :v:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I thought the way that worked was that you are supposed to follow those rules regardless of whether the opponent is a signatory or not?

I'm not an expert on international military law and Google isn't yielding any reliable answers thought some people seem to think "Yes, up until the other side violates them."

Though this guy is also not a uniformed member of any recognized nations military, so I think he might technically be a stateless terrorist and/or criminal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Man Kennousuke sure does get stabbed a lot.

• Locked thread