Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I couldn't help but notice in Episode 2 that the 'demons' only attacked those who attacked them first. Notice how the big yellow one waited for that train to go past before he sliced that bridge.

Odds on a miscommunication-based conflict?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

tsob posted:

How are either of them out-of-nowhere robot shows? They both have robots in the advertising, opening and within the first few minutes of the first episode.

As in, an original work that's not part of a franchise, I guess?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

this show is really fun

Word.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

escape mechanism posted:

Good brand name.

I have difficulty believing Kennousuke is 17

Nah, he does have a proper gawky-teenager face. He actually looks a little like one of the teenage characters from ATLA. It's only in the distant shots where he really looks much older.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Gettin' some major Full Metal Panic vibes from this show.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

All P.A. Works shows are, I think.

Eh? A majority (or, at least, a very large number) of their works are one-cour. Check Wikipedia.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
OK, hands up now, did anyone fail to predict that twist at the end? :v:

Wonder if we've got a Macross situation here? You know, Earth humans being a backwater offshoot of a galaxy-spanning civilisation.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

yeh they're totally building up ken as a amnesiac infiltrator, and he's going to get reactivated at some point

alien lady is going to turn up as an infiltrator on their own. and holy crap, security is lax, there should be no civilians within several miles. surely the aliens can tap and decode something as elementary as video feeds

I think it's a bait and switch. His princess was the alien.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

yeah this is what i'm thinking is the case. they'll probably build Ken up as something of a red herring when really it's more likely that it's Yukina who's the sleeper agent

in other news - did we just get this show's Char at the end there

That's the more reserved and professional of the two female Efidolg knights. Who I suspect might actually be Kennosuke's princess under that mask.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

its got some kind of power field within it that cuts through ordinary materials and reprograms smart materials to deactivate

disable that and its probably a blunt stick

They revealed in last week's episode that it was a vibroweapon. So if you shut off its power source, it's presumably just a very sharp sword rather than a supreme cutting instrument.

The scabbard may be user-locked, too.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Called it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I have, and I sense bad things in Carlos's future.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So who do you think's eventually going to off Mirasa? She seems to have racked up a ridiculously huge list of people with grudges against her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

guess we're taking back that :rip:

ALSO, how on earth did I not notice this two weeks ago, I can't believe Man At Arms even did this (though they were specifically poked by PA Works)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q598DP27tGA

I'd be more upset at such a cheap reversal of one of the good guys' biggest losses, but Sebastian's comeback was so gloriously ridiculous that I just can't be mad at the writers for it.

• Locked thread