Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alice Klar
Apr 13, 2016
The chances that I'm the only one here who likes snooker are strong but since this competition begins in earnest today, I thought I'd try to get a discussion going.

Will reigning champion Stuart Bingham make it two in a row? Will Shaun Murphy beat him again? Will Ronnie O'Sullivan turn up? Will he wear shoes? Will Ali Carter ever be able to play without every shot being framed by a discussion of his illness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alice Klar
Apr 13, 2016
Ebdon is one of the perennial names who hang around the top class of snooker but can't excite me at all. See also, Barry Hawkins, Graeme Dott, Joe Perry. It's a boring day when they're playing each other.

There are barely more exciting things happening on the other table. Carter and Bingham are similarly unexciting players but Bingham's reigning champion-ness at least adds something to that match.

Alice Klar
Apr 13, 2016
Here endeth the reign of Baron Greenback.

Never seen anyone look as nervous as Carter during snookers required.

Alice Klar
Apr 13, 2016
McGill's on fire this morning, and not just his hair.

EDIT: And he's taken out the sock puppet likeness of David Cameron.

Alice Klar fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Apr 17, 2016

Alice Klar
Apr 13, 2016
Milkins is playing beautifully this morning. Selby looks like he's had two hours of sleep.

Alice Klar
Apr 13, 2016
Trump vs. Liang is the first truly great matchup of this tournament and I'm very excited to see how it ends.

EDIT: That said, neither are at the top of their game.

Alice Klar fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 20, 2016

Alice Klar
Apr 13, 2016
I've been loving McGill as an underdog for the past couple of years but he was no match for Fu tonight.

Scrappy frames all round. Enjoyable match.

What were they laughing at over on the Williams/Holt table?

Alice Klar
Apr 13, 2016
Baird vs Selby is absolutely heartwrenching. What a fightback!

Alice Klar
Apr 13, 2016
Fantastic performance by Barry Hawkins but I'm disappointed to see Ronnie leave the tournament so early. Lots of great players left but not very showy players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alice Klar
Apr 13, 2016
I think Ding is the favourite - Selby has been looking tired and ragged his past few matches while Ding has been winning quite comfortably.

I'm more confused about who I want to win. Generally, I'll root for the underdog and the chance for a new champion - the first of his race, even - is appealing but Christ, did it have to be Ding Junhui? He has no personality. My wife theorised that he's China's latest advancement in robot technology. Against a guy so noted for his sense of humour, it shows all the more starkly.

• Locked thread