Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Babby Sathanas posted:

My tiny knowledge of snooker combined with watching it this morning has led me to decide that Miltank is my favourite player because he constantly looks like he's being told off by his mummy. :(

[edit]

Rollout missed. Miltank fainted. :(

I root for Barry Hawkins because he looks like a thug straight out of a Looney Tunes cartoon from 60 years ago crossed with Edward G. Robinson.

I also growl his name as "Master Baaary 'Orkins" like I'm Long John Silver.

Yes, I'm actually 10 years old - but I love Snooker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

That was a hell of a shot by Liang to pot that red off the black in the corner. :stare:

My man Master 'Orkins (arr, matey) has polished off Zhang Anda 10-5, finishing off with a break of 141 (highest so far). Next up is Ronnie O'Sullivan, which should be a pretty good match.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Pilsner posted:

I'm following it myself here too, from Denmark, on Eurosport. I'm not sure if Americans can buy access to Eurosport Player, but if you pay, I think why wouldn't they.

http://www.eurosportplayer.com

It's a slow, but interesting and highly varied game. I recently tried playing it myself at a local billiards hall, and goddamn the table is huge! A game with an equally newbie friend took one hour, but fun.

Not available in the US. I use undisclosed internet wizardry to watch it on the BBC.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Jedit posted:

There have been complaints, and for once they're being listened to.

Having a hard time believing the Hawkins-O'Sullivan match. Ronnie is two frames down despite being ahead in every significant metric, and of the seven frames he's won he took three with centuries and three more with 80+ breaks.

It's like the tortoise and the hare. O'Sullivan races away with a big break, then misses an easy shot and lets Hawking back in. Hawkins plods along, picks up O'Sullivan's scraps, and wins the frame.

It's pretty good to watch.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Babby Sathanas posted:

Ronnie McDonald is gonna tire himself out I reckon, he can't have that many grams of coke to keep him going. I can see it tying up quickly and Master Barry 'Orkins will finish up cleanly and easily.

Oh btw it's now impossible for me to say his name without going Master Barry 'Orkins.

Avast, me hearties! Surely that scurvy dog O'Sullivan has got the black spot now. Master 'Orkins be makin' him walk the plank. We be takin' the Jolly Roger to the Spanish Main, now!

:yarr:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Master 'Orkins is understandably flat after his match against O'Sullivan. :(

It was a good run, Barry. Strike the colors and man the rowboats.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Well, shiver me timbers, ol' Master 'Orkins has made a match of this. From 9-1 to 10-7 is pretty drat impressive. Still a long way to go, but it's no embarrassment from here however it goes.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Well, that was an odd frame. A bit of Alphonse and Gaston, there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

This 15th frame has been absolutely nuts. The strategic positional play is the best part of snooker.

• Locked thread