Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

whoa that Horizont is wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

drat that Kiev10 is enormous, that rules.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy hell, you aren't kidding :stare:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Helen Highwater posted:

It's a panoramic camera. Each shot takes two 35mm frames. The film is loaded over a curved track and the lens is in a rotating drum. It's a 28mm lens pre-focused to infinity - there's no viewfinder, rangefinder or prism to frame or focus with. The lens stops down from f/2.8 to f/16 and your choice of shutter speeds is 1/125. 1/60 or 1/30. Mine was made in 1970 at the KMZ factory, the home of Zenit and Zorki. I'm definitely going to try it out when I'm in Slovakia next week. I can't wait to climb to the top of the Sv Alzbety Dom in Kosice and see what the view is like from up there.

oh my god I love this

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Helen Highwater posted:

It's pretty rad. I've been playing with the mechanism constantly since I got it. The 'curtain' is a vertical slit at the back of the drum that has a variable width depending on the shutter speed. The rotational speed of the drum is constant regardless of settings.

that's amazing and sounds wonderfully over-engineered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hahahaha that is goddamn amazing

• Locked thread