Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ape
Jul 20, 2009
I've got some old soviet and former GDR stuff as well. They made a lot of great stuff, especially considering how cheap they are now.

FED and Zorki rangefinders. The collapsible lens is handy for making them fit in a coat pocket.

Having no mirror means they were able to do some wacky lens designs with the lens extending into the body, like this Jupiter 12. It's a copy of the pre-ww2 Zeiss Biogon.

Horizont. It has the lens mounted on a rotating turret, with curved film plane behind it. Similar to a Widelux, but about 1/5 as expensive. The pics are around twice as wide as normal 35mm. The viewfinder has an integrated bubble level.

Here's some East German stuff. A Praktica FX with a waist-level finder and its medium format big brother the Pentacon Six (formerly called the Praktisix).

ape fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Apr 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ape
Jul 20, 2009
Yeah, its really well built. I got a kiev-60 prism and adapter to use but it makes the weight even worse. I prefer the WLF for carrying it around.

I had the spacing issue on my first roll cause I didn't follow the instructions on loading it properly. Since then I've tensioned it to where the sprocket makes little holes in the rebate and so far it hasn't happened again.

• Locked thread