Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

ape posted:

Here's some East German stuff. A Praktica FX with a waist-level finder and its medium format big brother the Pentacon Six (formerly called the Praktisix).

I rock a Pentacon Six most of the time, and I like it a lot. Film loading can be a little finicky which leads to spacing issues but otherwise it's a sweet camera and the Zeiss aus Jena glass made for it is really nice stuff. That lens is the 180mm f2.8 and it is a beautiful thing, although it does weigh roughly half a tonne. Actually so does the camera itself - weight is probably its main disadvantage, however it is also my go to mountaineering camera because both body and lenses will withstand rather ungentle treatment no bother. I've bashed mine against rocks, had it in the snow, dropped it while scrambling, got it covered in sand, and it just keeps on going shot after shot.

Also the Helios lenses are cool, I got a couple on eBay for my ME Super and one came with a free Zenit attached to it. Have to admit I've never actually tried using the camera though.

big scary monsters fucked around with this message at 23:14 on May 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread