Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infrared35
Jan 13, 2005

Plaster Town Cop
A buddy of mine was touring the former Soviet republics right after the Cold War and picked me up a Kiev 35mm rangefinder at a market in Tbilisi. The thing is in surprisingly good condition and seems very solidly built. The glass seems nice, but I could never get the film winding mechanism to work predictably. I'd have frames with huge gaps between them and frames that would overlap, and no way to predict when it would do what. I haven't shot with it in almost twenty years; it just sits on a shelf with the rest of my small camera collection.

In the early 2000s I picked up a Kiev 88 to shoot medium format on a budget and got two rolls through it before the shutter broke and I couldn't afford to fix it.

I can take some pictures of my rangefinder if anyone likes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread