Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
acrobatbob
Sep 29, 2015

Well, I'm pleased to announce that Charlie and Cringer the cats are currently enroute to Centripetal Horse in Detroit!

It's been a wild couple of months. Both cats integrated into our household pretty well. Cringer spent most of his time upstairs when it was all said and done. Charlie enjoyed a good petting session multiple times a day, and both cats' favorite pastimes included wet food nights and playing with the laser pointer.

Clockwerk and I have been having a very stressful personal matter happen in our household, so in the last week we decided that it was time to send the kitties home. We weighed our options between shipping via truck or flying the cats, and after a shipping company didn't pan out earlier this week Clockwerk went ahead and purchased some tickets!

This morning was spent prepping the) kitties for their journey. Charlie was as laid back and curious as ever, and Cringer went and hid in the basement after he gave the kennels a little sniff. Once the kennels were prepped it was no problem nudging Charlie in. Cringer however took both Clockwerk and I cornering him on either end of a hiding spot and Clockwerk jump tackling him. Cringer hissed at us for the first time this morning, I guess being ambushed and stuffed in a kennel for a vet visit this week broke down some barriers. Clockwerk sustained some injuries from the encounter, but in the end the cats both ended up where they needed to be.

And I guess that's that! The kitties are on their way to their new home! We have no doubt that Centripetal Horse and his cats are on their way to a happy reunion and a prosperous life together.

Edit: For those who don't know wtf I'm talking about : https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743191&perpage=40

Also this thread that I didn't know existed otherwise I would have just posted in it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3764522&perpage=40

acrobatbob fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Poor cats living in detroit.

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
The guy can barely look after himself :(

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

pants cat posted:

of course. Its Detroit.

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic

pants cat posted:

Hobo goon gives cats to friend who kills himself. Mormon goon drives 400 miles to rescue cats. Hobo goon gets a job and pad on other side of country, and still doesn't take his cats back. Mormons get so sick of cats, they pay to put them on an airplane. Sounds like a great made for TV movie.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
probably not a good idea to relinquish animals back to the responsibility of a sadbrains cyberhobo

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
why are those cats in cat jail

what are they charged with

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
so did that guy get a job or is he just squatting in a dilapidated 1920s house on the outskirts of detroit with other hobos

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

welp time to quit my job and find a nice mormon couple with more charity than wisdom to mooch off *putts away fatly on old man motorbike*

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
Those cats are going to die rofl

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I literally don't know what you're talking about

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I don't know what any of this is about, but if the summaries in this thread about these being a homeless crazy goon's cats are right it probably would've been kinder to just put them down when you got tired of them instead of shipping them to his shanty in Detroit

Slip
Jan 20, 2001
who cares

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Slip posted:

who cares

Tony Homo

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
This is a beautiful story of human kindness you dicks. Be nice

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
who the hell puts time effort and money on goddamn cats lmbo

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
my personal situation is so bad right now, i just cant deal with all these CATS

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

vols bitch posted:

who the hell puts time effort and money on goddamn cats lmbo

whenever one of those 'but my ~fur children~' people goes on about how their cat has cat aids or whatever and they're spending thousands and thousands treating them i'm like 'dude you know you can get a whole new cat for a tiny fraction of that, right?'

pets are basically fungible.

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic

Aralan posted:

I don't know what any of this is about, but if the summaries in this thread about these being a homeless crazy goon's cats are right it probably would've been kinder to just put them down when you got tired of them instead of shipping them to his shanty in Detroit

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743191&perpage=40

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

whoflungpoop posted:

probably not a good idea to relinquish animals back to the responsibility of a sadbrains cyberhobo

That sounds like a character name in a vapor wave video game.

A E S T H E T I C

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

VikingSkull posted:

why are those cats in cat jail

what are they charged with

The charges were trumped up to justify imprisoning them, but it's for their own good.

Slip posted:

who cares

As it turns out, quite a lot of people care.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
Goon meet at the airport

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Why is this lovely bum our mascot

Oh wait

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
CH is dead. He bought a gun and then he chugged a liter of jack daniels and then he put it in his mouth and pulled the trigger :sigh:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Reminds of a person with the username 'a messed up horse' that I like

acrobatbob
Sep 29, 2015

Nooner posted:

CH is dead. He bought a gun and then he chugged a liter of jack daniels and then he put it in his mouth and pulled the trigger :sigh:

In the last three minutes?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Lol I forgot I even shitposted in that thread

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Gravitee posted:

Goon meet at the airport

Welp, I'll need to be there before 16:32 according to the Delta Cargo confirmation.

Nooner posted:

It was vodka, and it was a bad idea, and I don't currently have a gun.

acrobatbob posted:

In the last three minutes?

Things move quickly in the Information Age.

Centripetal Horse fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 16, 2016

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

I just hope the little cattes didn't get their brains scrambled by all the turbulence.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
'lil meats :3:

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:
my commie apartment smells like cat poo poo and I don't have cats atm

my neighbor does, and it's wafting throughout the highrise because SOMEONE has been lazy with the litterbox

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Well yay! The saga comes to a satisfactory conclusion!

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Didn't he run over a cat in Detroit and post about it? Intentionally and all?

Those cats are flying coach to their dooms. :saddowns:

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Hrist posted:

Didn't he run over a cat in Detroit and post about it? Intentionally and all?

Those cats are flying coach to their dooms. :saddowns:

Yep :shrug:

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009
What the fucks going on in this thread. Why do you have a homeless goon's cats and why does he live in a library, that doesn't seem a good environment for cats. What series of events led to this weird nonsense?

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Centripetal Horse posted:

As it turns out, quite a lot of people care.
I could spend the rest of my life cutting bacon off your back and still not make you any less of a man

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

d3c0y2 posted:

What the fucks going on in this thread. Why do you have a homeless goon's cats and why does he live in a library, that doesn't seem a good environment for cats. What series of events led to this weird nonsense?

*sits you on my knee*

well-

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Otisburg posted:

whenever one of those 'but my ~fur children~' people goes on about how their cat has cat aids or whatever and they're spending thousands and thousands treating them i'm like 'dude you know you can get a whole new cat for a tiny fraction of that, right?'

pets are basically fungible.

since they are living, conscious beings I think a lot of non-psychopaths feel a twinge of hesitation as they raise their boot to curb stomp their sick cat

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
what the gently caress are you even talking about you retard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
The happy ending we were waiting for!

• Locked thread