Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
The bit that always gets me is when the Taliban were like give us some proof and we'll hand over bin laden, and then Bush was like gently caress you eat tomahawks lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

everytime I think about 9/11 it makes me want to bust out my white van to meet up with some Israeli spy friends to dance and high five each other

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

Serious Frolicking posted:

bush exploited an unrelated tragedy to completely ruin a region for the foreseeable future because of his daddy issues. even better, he will never face the slightest consequence for all of the misery he caused. i always laugh like a loon whenever i remember this.

saddam hussein in general is a loving hilarious character ...

Like how during Iran-Iraq the Saudis and Kuwait had been backing Iraq because they didn't want a shiite power emerging and exporting revolution, but then after the war when Saddam was trying to make up for the giant money hole that was the result, they ramped up their oil production [and possibly engaged in slant drilling of Iraq's oil fields] driving down crude prices as a basic gently caress you, he starts issuing ultimatums, the Americans basically don't take him seriously and basically don't say anything to stop him when he was meeting ambassadors, then as soon as they invade out comes the bizarre propaganda (for instance, a girl, who was later revealed to be the daughter of a Kuwaiti ambassador, gave a speech about seeing babies ripped out of incubators)
and then basically after talking a big game the saudis came crying to us and requested that we help defend their territory and well actually, that is kind of the beginning of the official story of 9/11.

Like Saddam's seriously a mafia soldier or some poo poo, he was the Bush/Saud family hitman but then he became inconvenient to have around so he was wacked (once figuratively, once literally)

• Locked thread