Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Centripetal Horse posted:

Oh, man. Does that say "Peep?" That was my wife's pet name for me, back when I had a wife. I don't want to have anything in common with this Lesnick person.
she must really care for the dude if she made all that poo poo, which is sad, because if she wasnt such a big girl she could have found someone who was worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
hell, i like this mr lesnick. I like the cut of his jib

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Friendly Humour posted:

hell, i like this mr lesnick. I like the cut of his jib

The cut of his jib could feed a small country

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

8 track betamax posted:

First of all...FIRST of all, there are quite a FEW things that differentiate me from Aartrek. First of all I am not a bad person like he was. I am a loving father and a good husband and my family loves me and I have done a lot of things with my life for instance I volunteer a lot, helping out the under privileged youth. Secondly I am not fat like I assume he was, I am fit and trim and in great shape like a gazelle! Haha just a joke there but I actually not fat that part was true. I could stand to be in a little better shape and I'm hoping to get back into running this year. Thirdly, I am a way better Admin than he ever was, I make sure to be kind and moderate in my mod decisions, for instance you wont catch me banning people for no reason, in fact I have never banned ayone in my time as admin of these forums, and you can take that to the bank. Fourthly, I try to liven the place up with funny jokes and stickies, for instance this very THREAD, which I thought would be good for a laugh and it really hurts that I;m throwing you guys a bone here and you turn on me like a pack of hyenas and honestly it makes me wonder if I should continue or not. This isn''t the only thing I have to do in my life by the way, for instance I live an active and varied life and this is just a small part of it . A tiny part for instance. Please stop with the harassing, this is a thankless job and Im glad to do it but cut me some slack once in a while OK. OK? :thumbsup:

You're automatically worse than :aatrek: cause you didnt fight Franco.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Lord Binky posted:

I went into games to see how they reacted to that big gay post but they've posted like 30 pages of poo poo today. The thread is 3441 pages long lol

Lol, same

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Skoll posted:

You're automatically worse than :aatrek: cause you didnt fight Franco.

I'm not sure he's old enough to have fought in the Spanish Civil War even if he'd wanted to, dude.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Doctor Schnabel posted:

she must really care for the dude if she made all that poo poo, which is sad, because if she wasnt such a big girl she could have found someone who was worth it.

If the dude is half the jackass he appears to be, she could put on another hundred pounds and still do better. Maybe he's, like, really awesome to her. More likely, but also more depressing, is the possibility that she's the kind of person who thinks his racist stalker pedophile antics are cute.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Maybe she can't escape his gravitational pull

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

hakimashou posted:

MeLKoR has a browser extension he uses to keep red-text notes on everyone on SA, he has a coded system of symbols like + ++ - -- #, %, ^ that all mean different things, and also records quotations so he can use them against people later in D&D arguments.

He was taking requests in the game thread to show people screenshots of the notes he kept on them.

If any of you guys want to know what his codes for you are or what quotable quotes he has, you can ask him in here he'll probably show ya.

link?

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Aralan posted:

Lol, same

why'd this dude get banned

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

vyst posted:

The cut of his jib could feed a small country

LEST WE FORGET: you are also mega fat and play a space game

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Goobs posted:

why'd this dude get banned

the purge is starting, but since you've posted in this thread it's already too late.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Lord Binky posted:

I went into games to see how they reacted to that big gay post but they've posted like 30 pages of poo poo today. The thread is 3441 pages long lol

lol owned lol

stick to gbs lol

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Sir_Charles posted:

this thread was better when it was also about hot dogs

and Day Z

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
lol at goon elitism

ban all goons for being bad and gay

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Are you guys still talking about this??

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

ZenMaster posted:

Cross posting from the Star Citizen thread:

:siren:EFFORT POST::siren:

For the morning crew to chew on, if I am being a jerk let me know, I will delete this, I am not minimizing depression or what Ben went through.

Timeline from very weak googling:

Been reading a lot of information put other there by Ben after Benghazi dropped... something didn't add up... and I read more than a few conflicting statements...

He wrote two LJ updates, one of April 16th and April 18th, 2016 to explain himself.

Ben makes one apology in the April 16th LJ update:

He is sorry it's so boring! I guess we are all just dum dums! Actually, this is a dodge. No one cares about his LJs. They are not the true issue here, it is the IRC chats. They are full of racism, pedophilia-related content, and threats of murder and violence (some against children). No one is using the LJs to troll Ben, or at least, that would be worthless as they are boring. But, Ben can explain the chats:

Ben Lesnick, April 16, 2016:

So, he's blaming SA for his disgusting IRC chats, right? Cause it convenient to blame the ones calling you out, no?

Something Awful was founded in 1999. Ben Lesnick would have been 18 years old when it was founded. Depending on when he discovered it and how long it took to 'idolize' it, he could well have been 19-20. This is further proven with:

The #WINGNUT IRC chat was founded in 1997 (and WCNEWS in 1998) a full 2 years before SA existed. If SA is to blame, this this:

Ben Lesnick, April 18, 2016:

is bollocks.

Two things here: If Something Awful is to blame as he says in the first missive, then this is simply not true. He would have been 18-20 range, an adult. Secondly, no one ever teased him for thinking cartoon anime women are hot. Some rational people might tell you that THINKING CARTOON ANIME CHILDREN are hot is BAD....that is the issue.... and if he was 17, how is a 17 year old thinking a 10 year old is "hot" and describing sexual things ok anywhere? Ben admits in graphic detail what he would do to a ten year old "cartoon anime woman," er child...

So, let's assume for the moment all of his gross rants and Hitler jokes and shooting up a classroom jokes are his to own, and not SA's fault... he was 17 and misguided.. he seriously was angry at the world? No friends, family, and nothing to live for? Losing your sight would be devastating, I am not minimized that at all... and maybe he did hide how he was feeling, but look at this.. is this the world of a anti-social, angsty teen who wrote those horrible things?

I get you were mad, depressed, and felt you wouldn't get out of life what you wanted... it would make anyone depressed. But it seems you had a tight family who loved you. Big parties, similar interests, and there are LJ after LJ of Ben buying things... every LJ is him buying a new toy or DVD series and enjoying it... he is passionate, and it shows... what doesn't show is the reason for the disturbing chats.

Who you are in secret is who you are in reality. That was exposed recently. I believe you have changed, but stop blaming everything and everyone else. Those things were inside you at one point, and you let them spill out onto the web in vibrant color, and people accepted you and you only got worse. Form 2002 and beyond you do some amazing things in your life, stuff even I have never done... I assume 1997-2002 was similar... your dad seems cool, did you go to Civil War reenactments with him? Museums with your mom, aquariums with your sister? I think you did...

But Ben, why do you never address: why did losing an eye make you joke about sex with kids? About shooting up a schoolroom of kids? How is the excuse that you felt you "had the world figure out" applicable? I would agree if it were embarrassing political posts or dumb ideas about society and its ill that were uncovered. If Sept 11th made you mad, why the racist rant against blacks, Chinese, etc? How do jokes about murdering kids fit into that narrative?

They don't. I do not deny you were very depressed. I do not claim to know how you felt during those dark times, and I am glad you found an outlet and friends to get through... but normal conversations between friends don't include these things. And if they do no one keeps a record of their awfulness. And then doubles down as to why they were kept.

If he truly did hate the world at one point and was just a dumb kid, it would have been in 1997-1999 time frame, and his chats would have started way before SA and any influence that would have had.

So by maybe, 24 you had mellowed?

Sorry, you were 27 when you wrote this stuff... lesson not learned?

DarkOff had a bit more to add, thanks Dark.

please, PLEASE, ban this man

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Tarranon posted:

please, PLEASE, ban this man

Why dont you ban yourself hmm? Some people actually like to read effort posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

grimcreaper posted:

Why dont you ban yourself hmm? Some people actually like to read effort posts.

good opinion from the guy with 20 pages of posts in the funny spaceship thread

• Locked thread