Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Cloud Imperium Games actually hired a guy to come defend them on our forums.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=217322

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

isn't a memorial something you make for dead people?!

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

That's probably good for the children, and news ladies, of the world.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

ikr

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

spacetoaster posted:

is that true? why isn't he banned yet?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Give him time, she moved away or something, and he can't really reach his machete without assistance any more

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

a hole-y ghost posted:

Supposedly SMARTer people than me are working on it. You can read his post history and see it though.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You know the real cherry on this thread? What makes it absolutely perfect?

This wasn't a doxing, or a hack, or some smear campaign. The idiot posted this on his twitter proudly. I mean Goddamn, when he found it was still up he should have trashed the site and pretended this poo poo never happened.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Blazing Ownager posted:

You know the real cherry on this thread? What makes it absolutely perfect?

This wasn't a doxing, or a hack, or some smear campaign. The idiot posted this on his twitter proudly. I mean Goddamn, when he found it was still up he should have trashed the site and pretended this poo poo never happened.

You get the prize. That's the funniest thing about it.

Every other guy that's gotten a PR job, or any kind of company face job, has gone back and scrubbed his internet past.

Ben? Nope. "Here's the link guys! Ha ha! Funny right?"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

a hole-y ghost posted:

as far as i know being a paid shill is not in contravention of the forum rules

Saga
Aug 17, 2009
Op, I'm not sure grown rear end men who spend thousands of dollars on non-existent pretend space ships can legitimately feel superior to this person, creepy racist pedo or not.

But thanks for bringing it to our attention!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I just read the posts. Are you sure that's not just Ben's mom or something

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
This is the man I want working with my kids.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

spacetoaster posted:

genuine question here but how hosed up do you have to be to think this obese pedophilic stalker piece of literal garbage is worth not only defending but paying someone to defend for you

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
I like how he defends that poo poo as "pretty tepid". What the gently caress is his definition of damning?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

a hole-y ghost posted:

Although many think it's true. Here's an analysis by one of our brave goon commandos:

Scruffpuff posted:

CIG has a number of accounts here, all registered in the past few months, that they rotate among certain staff members for monitoring purposes. Whenever something really bad gets uncovered here, CIG determines whether or not to burn one of those accounts to attempt to derail the thread. Most things, like DonutGate, are handled internally (editing the video, tossing in a backhanded reference on the next stream, etc.) Some things, like Ben-Ghazi, in their minds require a derail. The rules about what is and is not allowed to be posted are very specific.

Allowed: personal attacks on Derek Smart, general proclamations against CIG approved for purposes of "fitting in" i.e. "SC is a scam, there are problems with management, I don't like space games, I wouldn't give them a dime" etc.
Disallowed: personal attacks on Chris or Sandi, focus on specific acts of mismanagement by CIG (fraudulent refund denials, closing accounts with a $15 extortion fee)

They don't like to burn the accounts because the newly registered ones will have a more recent date, and lose some credibility during a derail. Posts have to be approved, and so on. It's a bit of a pain in the rear end, so you can see just how seriously they take it that they chose to burn one on this topic. Ben was always an embarrassment to CIG, but this takes it to a whole new level.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

hey company that hired this terrible ogre instead of an actual human being: i will do this mans job for his salary and half the salary of the PR yes-man you hired to make him seem like a good employee

if you factor in the savings from not needing to deliver donuts to meetings by the ocean-barge-full you really can't afford not to hire me

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Saga posted:

Op, I'm not sure grown rear end men who spend thousands of dollars on non-existent pretend space ships can legitimately feel superior to this person, creepy racist pedo or not.

You speak truth.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Mega64 posted:

This is the man I want working with my kids.

Well, TBH he *did* make those quotes only back when he was in school, so it's not that big of a deal guise, people change yaknow.

He was at least 25 and a school employee while posting pedo poo poo and he still doesn't see anything wrong with that lol

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Apr 17, 2016

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

spacetoaster posted:

Although many think it's true. Here's an analysis by one of our brave goon commandos:
Hmm.. Account sharing is against the rules.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

thats it, i am NOT buying any more ships after this :colbert:

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

To be honest these do look kinda bad at least without knowing the context in which they were made. It's a tough decision but RSI and Chris will probably have to let Ben go because of this, doing otherwise may cause damage to the image of Star Citizen and to it's development.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

a hole-y ghost posted:

Hmm.. Account sharing is against the rules.

I don't know how anyone could prove it unless an ex employee were to come forward and tell us.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Parallax Scroll posted:

thats it, i am NOT buying any more ships after this :colbert:

I bought one ship, an Aurora, when the game was first going live and not a cluster gently caress and a half.

I consider it, now, the price for front row tickets to a three ring circus

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
GBS caring about these tepid jokes, lol. You do realize that the mainstream reaction of a site that proudly posts 9/11 jokes on main page among other things would be 100% the same, right?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

kikkelivelho posted:

To be honest these do look kinda bad at least without knowing the context in which they were made. It's a tough decision but RSI and Chris will probably have to let Ben go because of this, doing otherwise may cause damage to the image of Star Citizen and to it's development.

I don't think context really matters when there's literally hundred (thousands?) of these rape/racist/stalker/pedaphilic/mysoginistic/etc quotes over the course of his adulthood.

I mean, we've all said some dumb things, but that much? And to save it all? And then brag about it?

Nah, "context" isn't going to save this.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Colonel Cancer posted:

GBS caring about these tepid jokes, lol. You do realize that the mainstream reaction of a site that proudly posts 9/11 jokes on main page among other things would be 100% the same, right?

how much did you spend on imaginary spaceships

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Colonel Cancer posted:

As we said before his jokes are GBS-edgy level but we don't like him.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Blazing Ownager posted:

I bought one ship, an Aurora, when the game was first going live and not a cluster gently caress and a half.

I consider it, now, the price for front row tickets to a three ring circus

ok

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Colonel Cancer posted:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I really want to see a banhappy witchhunt to kill all the cig shills

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

someone help me out here who the gently caress is cig and how are they related to sc, I thought it was all from chris rogers games or whatever the gently caress

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Ryoshi posted:

someone help me out here who the gently caress is cig and how are they related to sc, I thought it was all from chris rogers games or whatever the gently caress
Ciggy Butt Brain

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Dude should have founded Twitter instead of making his own personal Twitter site for his horrible "jokes".

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ryoshi posted:

Here's Ben with the CEO's wife.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

spacetoaster posted:

I don't think context really matters when there's literally hundred (thousands?) of these [...]pedaphilic[...] quotes over the course of his adulthood.
actually I changed my mind, make ben the new tv iv mod

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

Here's Ben with the CEO's wife.

thanks but like no seriously what is cig doing? did chris rogers hire them or what

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Ryoshi posted:

thanks but like no seriously what is cig doing? did chris rogers hire them or what
he got to the stage of undeserved prosperity where you hire all your worthless fat rear end in a top hat friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Colonel Cancer posted:

I've seen some people say this and it's clearly wrong. Chris Roberts and Star Citizen are well known and respected names in the industry. There's a lot of jackals on various websites (one Smart included) who have been salivating for an opportunity like this, so RSI need to act fast. It'll be sad to see Ben leave, but IMO this is necessary to protect the project and the backers.

• Locked thread