Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Yeah but he was a great leader! Just look at how he won the war!
The guy in your avatar killed him though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

8 track betamax posted:

Uhh what was that stimpire thing

a citizen wrote it and CIG felt it prudent to leave it up on their forums for like a month or more

it star citizen fan fic

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

hakimashou posted:

a citizen wrote it and CIG felt it prudent to leave it up on their forums for like a month or more

it star citizen fan fic

That's because Ben didn't see anything wrong with it. After all, he wrote these things:

People fear what they do not understand. Thusly, when the Lobster-men started their brutal assault on civilian establishments, people were naturally a bit frightened... Luckily, their desire for a unique hormone produced only in the kidneys of young children was expressed early on, and we were able to work with them to set up breeding/slaughter camps rather than cause a mass hysteria on the part of the populace at large... #7,285

Yes, eat all the semen sally, lick the head of my cock smooth and clean, so I can slip it back into you, pushing it deep in your soft mouth. #16,449

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Haskell9 posted:

Star citizen fanfiction from the official CIG forums. There are bunches of comics, photoshops and the like about it in the games thread.

The lore is so deep..............

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Somewhere like 30 thousand posts back in the games thread a guy did an awesome comic thing about the 4th stimpire but I have no idea how to find it.

edit: the Fourth Stimpire is also going to be a faction in the game Toops is making, Solar Plebian.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Codependent Poster posted:

That's because Ben didn't see anything wrong with it. After all, he wrote these things:

People fear what they do not understand. Thusly, when the Lobster-men started their brutal assault on civilian establishments, people were naturally a bit frightened... Luckily, their desire for a unique hormone produced only in the kidneys of young children was expressed early on, and we were able to work with them to set up breeding/slaughter camps rather than cause a mass hysteria on the part of the populace at large... #7,285

Yes, eat all the semen sally, lick the head of my cock smooth and clean, so I can slip it back into you, pushing it deep in your soft mouth. #16,449

What are the numbers for

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

The Fourth Stimpire is extended universe stuff. It probably won't be in the main game. Maybe a book?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Ben Lesnick is the original community manager for Cloud Imperium Games. He is the face of the company, with more on-screen time on a weekly basis than anyone including Chris Roberts and his wife Sandi (who is also the head of marketing). He is personally responsible for creating one of the most toxic, cult-like, insular gaming communities on the planet. A community that aggressively attacks anyone who disagrees with their perspective that Star Citizen is the greatest game ever made. It doesn't matter if that person is new to the game, has been around for years and grown disillusioned, or a beloved web personality who is also a victim of cancer. Ben currently listed as a game developer, the director of community engagement, and also the director of starships. During his time at Cloud Imperium Games he has developed a reputation for habitually lying, particularly when doing so opens up the possibility of escaping controversy. We see the same behavior now as he tries to pass off a lie that is easily disproved. There is little reason to believe that the person he was in 2008 is significantly different from the person he is in 2016. His words certainly hold no bearing, except to validate that the statements are his.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Ben Lesnick is the original community manager for Cloud Imperium Games. He is the face of the company, with more on-screen time on a weekly basis than anyone including Chris Roberts and his wife Sandi (who is also the head of marketing). He is personally responsible for creating one of the most toxic, cult-like, insular gaming communities on the planet. A community that aggressively attacks anyone who disagrees with their perspective that Star Citizen is the greatest game ever made. It doesn't matter if that person is new to the game, has been around for years and grown disillusioned, or a beloved web personality who is also a victim of cancer. Ben currently listed as a game developer, the director of community engagement, and also the director of starships. During his time at Cloud Imperium Games he has developed a reputation for habitually lying, particularly when doing so opens up the possibility of escaping controversy. We see the same behavior now as he tries to pass off a lie that is easily disproved. There is little reason to believe that the person he was in 2008 is significantly different from the person he is in 2016. His words certainly hold no bearing, except to validate that the statements are his.

Ben Lesnick is Star Citizen. There is no "trying" to link this.

yeah that guy is trolling beer, lol. do not take him seriously.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Thanks Beer, I think I get it now

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

8 track betamax posted:

What are the numbers for

Every quote in his archive has a unique number identifying it.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

8 track betamax posted:

What are the numbers for

thats the quote number

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

lol is this real?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

kikkelivelho posted:

Thanks Beer, I think I get it now

:worship:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You really should link the Sandi email album. I don't have it, but seriously, the sandi email thing is pure gold.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Lime Tonics posted:

You really should link the Sandi email album. I don't have it, but seriously, the sandi email thing is pure gold.

http://imgur.com/a/BIlWu

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/561350216394100736

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Decebal posted:

Worst case scenario, they'll fire him and Star C will go on. The people who are still in it are past the point where something like this would change their minds.

If anything it will make them donate more feverishly.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

a hole-y ghost posted:

The guy in your avatar killed him though.

Did he though?

Makes you think

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Microwaves Mom posted:

lol is this real?

of course not

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Ok, I know we got off to a weird derail about Hitler, so here's some Drive Safely thing to stop us from swerving into such dangerous topics.

http://i.imgur.com/TDHC1wQ.gifv

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I do love reading that again,

The part that makes me laugh is when the anonymous CS person signs all their emails with "Best" at the end

She slips up and signs off 'Best' instead of her usual 'Sincerely' while playing the role of Sandi, before passing the buck back to Patrick

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

http://i.imgur.com/Ca8EkDV.gifv

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Ok, I know we got off to a weird derail about Hitler, so here's some Drive Safely thing to stop us from swerving into such dangerous topics.

http://i.imgur.com/TDHC1wQ.gifv

lol where is the youtube for this?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
grats, this was a funny thread but it got ruined by the Shart Shitizens hellthread failaids

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Microwaves Mom posted:

lol where is the youtube for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZacJQuZ_4J4

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

:stonk:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

:eyepop:

I bet he really did know Jared.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Microwaves Mom posted:

:eyepop:

I bet he really did know Jared.

I am sad your av isn't actually Microwave's mom.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

http://i.imgur.com/GDSVRXF.gifv

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

is that sandi

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Skoll posted:

I am sad your av isn't actually Microwave's mom.

you can buy it for me.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Ben needs to cut out all the junk food in his life...and eat fresh.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Junior Jr. posted:

Ben needs to cut out all the junk food in his life...and eat fresh.

That would just accelerate his pedophilia

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Jobbo_Fett posted:

That would just accelerate his pedophilia

That's why he needs to take notes from Jared.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Microwaves Mom posted:

you can buy it for me.

Too busy :fap: to her. I'm glad she isn't 13 and I can gently caress her more than twice a month.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
he might finally kill himself

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Skoll posted:

Too busy :fap: to her. I'm glad she isn't 13 and I can gently caress her more than twice a month.

:yeah:
Thats one poon you can go to town on. MILFs are always legal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Pawn 17 posted:

Did anything ever happen with DEREK SMART's lawsuit(s)? I was hoping CIG would get sued into bankruptcy and we could all enjoy the resulting community fallout as those jpegs became worthless. Imagine how much more fun that would be than the game itself.

From what I remember, it got shut down after the supreme court ruling about binding arbitration in EULA

I mean it was likely entirely fictional in the first place, but I think that is what he said

• Locked thread