Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

To be honest these do look kinda bad at least without knowing the context in which they were made. It's a tough decision but RSI and Chris will probably have to let Ben go because of this, doing otherwise may cause damage to the image of Star Citizen and to it's development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Colonel Cancer posted:

GBS caring about these tepid jokes, lol. You do realize that the mainstream reaction of a site that proudly posts 9/11 jokes on main page among other things would be 100% the same, right?

I've seen some people say this and it's clearly wrong. Chris Roberts and Star Citizen are well known and respected names in the industry. There's a lot of jackals on various websites (one Smart included) who have been salivating for an opportunity like this, so RSI need to act fast. It'll be sad to see Ben leave, but IMO this is necessary to protect the project and the backers.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

parthenocarpy posted:

can`t believe it.... struggling for the words right or wrong right now.... gonna cancel my acct and request a refund probably today. what have you done ben

You should probably wait until at least monday before doing anything too rash. We'll probably hear RSI's side of the story then.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

We just got it from Ben. And took it apart.

I admit this looks bad but one persons mistakes shouldn't reflect poorly on the entire 300 person company.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

a hole-y ghost posted:

Oops. I accidentally stalked the woman on TV and have more than a thousand pictures of her. Oops. Little mistake on my part—my bad!

I mean that was Ben specifically. Not Chris, not his wife or RSI. I already said that they probably need to let Ben go because of this.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

a hole-y ghost posted:

Uhh uhhhhh hey let's be reasonable here guys! Don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater! Let's not do anything too rash guys! Guys! This stalker paedophile deserves the benefit of the doubt everyone. I don't think we should be so quick to pass judgment!

I'm not defending Ben's actions. I'm just annoyed by the fact that people are trying to link this to Chris and his company when no such connection exists.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

alphabettitouretti posted:

Aside from him being Chris Roberts no. 1 fan who was made the public face of a 100m dollar company yeah there's no connection.

And even if Lesnick wasn't involved CIG would still be a loving joke run by idiots making a janky rear end piece of poo poo game.

There's really no proof that he was hired by Chris. He has usually been great with these kinds of things. The game is also in alpha and multiple years away from release, no poo poo it has bugs.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

The Fourth Stimpire is extended universe stuff. It probably won't be in the main game. Maybe a book?

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Ben Lesnick is the original community manager for Cloud Imperium Games. He is the face of the company, with more on-screen time on a weekly basis than anyone including Chris Roberts and his wife Sandi (who is also the head of marketing). He is personally responsible for creating one of the most toxic, cult-like, insular gaming communities on the planet. A community that aggressively attacks anyone who disagrees with their perspective that Star Citizen is the greatest game ever made. It doesn't matter if that person is new to the game, has been around for years and grown disillusioned, or a beloved web personality who is also a victim of cancer. Ben currently listed as a game developer, the director of community engagement, and also the director of starships. During his time at Cloud Imperium Games he has developed a reputation for habitually lying, particularly when doing so opens up the possibility of escaping controversy. We see the same behavior now as he tries to pass off a lie that is easily disproved. There is little reason to believe that the person he was in 2008 is significantly different from the person he is in 2016. His words certainly hold no bearing, except to validate that the statements are his.

Thanks Beer, I think I get it now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Nauta posted:

you guys care way too much about star citizn poo poo

Star Citizen has 2 world records in the Guinness book of world records. It's directed and developed by none other than scifi legend Chris Roberts himself, and he's brought all his Hollywood pals with him to the show. Maybe you don't care now but I doubt any serious gamer can avert their eyes when this 120 million dollar colossus of gaming is released to the world. There are people saying this is the last game we will ever need, and this time, they just might be right.

Also, in light of recent new evidence from dans I feel our judgement has been too hasty indeed. Let's wait for all the evidence and RSI's statement before we make ourselves look even more foolish.

• Locked thread