Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Oh yeah lol. Well they made a new game with the XIII battle style but it's a Japanese only mobile f2p game.

Why in gods name do Asian companies love F2P games so much. Are they chasing the Filipino Internet cafe dollar or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

Why in gods name do Asian companies love F2P games so much. Are they chasing the Filipino Internet cafe dollar or what.

Because thy make 5x the money that actual video game releases do with 1% of the investment

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

They used the freaking ATB system for 6 games in a row. Just give me a Paradigm Shift game on the 3ds and I'll be happy.

I want Conditional Turn-Based Battle back instead.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

no they will not posted:

I want Conditional Turn-Based Battle back instead.

That would be cool in a faster game with more interesting battles. I was thinking of playing FFX on PC now that it's out and has 2x and 4x speed modes.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

That would be cool in a faster game with more interesting battles. I was thinking of playing FFX on PC now that it's out and has 2x and 4x speed modes.

at least youll be able to reach the good boss fights with speedups, because theres actually quite a few of them. but you literally need like 150-200+ stats from grinding spheres for 80 hours+ to get to them

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
plus youll have auto haste for those level of fights so the turns will go by pretty quick since it speeds up all the cinematics etc.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

at least youll be able to reach the good boss fights with speedups, because theres actually quite a few of them. but you literally need like 150-200+ stats from grinding spheres for 80 hours+ to get to them

I kinda wanna get the PC version and cheat myself all the sphere grid upgrades so I can try these instead of just using yojimbo to one shot them all

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I kinda wanna get the PC version and cheat myself all the sphere grid upgrades so I can try these instead of just using yojimbo to one shot them all

well, be careful because you can still get overpowered for a lot of them. not that ive ever fought the highest level bosses but i did some grinding as a kid

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ive always wanted to fight penance. no way am i ever grinding for it nowadays though, thats not how i like to play games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

well, be careful because you can still get overpowered for a lot of them. not that ive ever fought the highest level bosses but i did some grinding as a kid

If I were to do it, I would play the game normally, and then give myself 99 of every sphere item and just try the bosses at various levels of investment to see which works best

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ik ind of regret that the ff i spent the most time grinding in to fight the superbosses was 7, 10's seem way cooler

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I grinded for all the acheivements in ff7 last year while watchinh x-files, it was extremely chill.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only FF I liked enough to grind for super bosses was XIII and getting the growth egg early by death spamming that one hunt made it super manageable

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Black Baby Goku posted:

I would love a Ridge Racer Type 4-2 [it's ridge racer folks. Ridgggeeee Racer. It's ridge racer]

Yes. I would definitely like them to continue where they left off at number 4. Cool tracks and vehicle designs. I would argue that it's the best PS1 racer.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

I grinded for all the acheivements in ff7 last year while watchinh x-files, it was extremely chill.

thats what i did, only it was dbz nd like 2002

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Fungah! posted:

thats what i did, only it was dbz nd like 2002

drat, dbz would be perfect for this kind of thing

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
dishonored is getting a sequel

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

drat, dbz would be perfect for this kind of thing

yeha that was my go to background show fr a while, now it's jojo's

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
It would be cool if nintendos next smart phone app let you point the camera out the window of a moving car and play mario on the moving scenery

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Had a dream last night they announced a new dot.HACK series. And then I woke up.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

no they will not posted:

It would be cool if nintendos next smart phone app let you point the camera out the window of a moving car and play mario on the moving scenery

for expert drivers only

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

had the "nintendo announced metroid" dream again. it was 2d this time

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

no they will not posted:

I remember some guy did something like this as a demo, but it was a side scrolling shooter and not platformer.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bobnumerotres posted:

had the "nintendo announced metroid" dream again. it was 2d this time

Another set of bedsheets ruined....

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

no they will not posted:

I used to play Ninja Turtles this way....... Had some bad rear end rides to church

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

goferchan posted:

I used to play Ninja Turtles this way....... Had some bad rear end rides to church

what if u drop it. mom will qq

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

this was me a few weeks ago except it was kotor 3. also the combat was dark souls like.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

In Training posted:

Would you really want modern Ubisoft to make that game.
no, but considering it isn't a cash grab like ubi's worst franchises and has a lead developer without brain cancer, i somewhat doubt it'll have most of the trappings of a current-day ubisoft release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

I wish they made an actual sequel to the ship rather than the trash remake that is in early access right now. They should also make another actual rise of nations without all the fantasy stuff.

• Locked thread