Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

My flaps are quivering in anticipation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Nevileen posted:

-The word they use for transformation in this game in japanese, to my knowledge, is weird (I.e not henshin, but a word meant for metamorphosis). It's also literally said 'hentai' in english. I'm not kidding.

Yeah, that's a valid meaning of the word. Also, it's not possible to say 'hentai' in english. :v:

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
Maybe what I actually meant was this space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QW9-QCjlkI

I'm not really planning on 100% because I don't wanna. I'll show off what I end up doing, and I've been sort of trying to get as many weird dogs as possible but I'm not gonna sweat it if I don't manage to get'em all.

Demerine
Oct 10, 2007

What a strange and wondrous birb you are!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

You fought the law and won, but now you have to fight all the crooks! This game is great.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

More crooks, and also another boss! It's time for Episode 10, the one after Episode 09!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkihEFxD-Hk

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
I think when people started really digging deep in Monster Rancher they concluded that the game reads track times (with minutes and seconds as separate variables), total disc length, and number of tracks

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

I think when people started really digging deep in Monster Rancher they concluded that the game reads track times (with minutes and seconds as separate variables), total disc length, and number of tracks

Yeah, and there was a thing where you could burn a CD with a dodgy info track so that you could get a soccer-ball monster without actually buying INXS's 'Kick'. Like I did. As my brother's Christmas present. He didn't even play Monster Rancher. I dunno if he even liked INXS.

Demerine
Oct 10, 2007

You really are the strangest birb.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
So, in the episode where you recommend nobody marathon this LP, I discover that your warning comes at the end of my marathoning this LP today.

That warning was a bit late, friends.

No regrets.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

So, uh, we haven't been able to do an update lately because I caught the flu! It was real nasty, and I'm basically on the upswing now. I even ended up having a fever of 101.7 at one point!

As soon as I stop sounding like death, we can get the ball rolling cube horrifically dragging its face in the dirt again.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

It's not specifically that there's any particular excuse or anything, especially this close to the end of the game. But as of today I'm a little older, perhaps a bit wiser, and certainly one video closer to trying to figure out what Liquidypoo will convince me to forget about doing next.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L96uRBxE-9U

Demerine
Oct 10, 2007

This episode brought to you by me, all but strong arming casnorf into playing Cubivore for these lunatics.

No regrets.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Basically this is how I'm parsing the Dumbell form

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?
Clapping to emulate a high five is the respectable choice on audio recordings. Otherwise the person who said "high five!" just sounds like a dweeb that doesn't understand the internet and got left hanging

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

FicusArt posted:

Clapping to emulate a high five is the respectable choice on audio recordings. Otherwise the person who said "high five!" just sounds like a dweeb that doesn't understand the internet and got left hanging

No regrets. :colbert:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Geese are poo poo-Elementals.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

FicusArt posted:

I further submit that while the verbal declaration of "high five!" is the initiating act, both the high five-er and high five-ee must clap to complete the high five emulation, and whoever does not clap is the villain. However, other similar actions, such as a distinctly non-high five-sounding table thump, are merely fumbles, and may be recovered from with a "wait, that wasn't right."

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
I'm glad this LP is back. I missed Chicky Casnorf and the lovely trumpets. So thanks, Demerine. :toot:

fake edit: Actually, if you guys ever start a band, please name it Chicky Casnorf and the lovely Trumpets.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
I recently went to IKEA, and I saw one of these shelves:

and I immediately thought of rude flap herbibeasts.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
Mozilla is redesigning their logo.

Now you might think this has nothing to do with this LP. And you're right, it doesn't.

Except that this is one of the designs they're considering:

Apparently soon the Mozilla logo might be a bunch of flaps.

(And this is one of the better designs.)

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Xenoveritas posted:

Mozilla is redesigning their logo.

Now you might think this has nothing to do with this LP. And you're right, it doesn't.

Except that this is one of the designs they're considering:

Apparently soon the Mozilla logo might be a bunch of flaps.

(And this is one of the better designs.)

That's 17 flaps. The god of beasts, perhaps?

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Look ma, I finished graphic design 102!

Like seriously I can see "Mozilla" in there but as a logo it's kind of obtuse and doesn't read well.

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?

Dr. Buttass posted:

Look ma, I finished graphic design 102!

Like seriously I can see "Mozilla" in there but as a logo it's kind of obtuse and doesn't read well.

The "Moz" version is cute and nice looking. The Long form is a cluttered mess of inappropriate flaps, basically from the moment the artist clearly went "poo poo I can't keep up this unfolding theme for the "I" what do I do?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I'm so glad they bundled Super Smash Bros Melee in with the Silver Gamecube instead of this flapping monstrosity.
Middle school would have been much more painful.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

I got busy last weekend and couldn't edit. Now I'm not busy so I edited. Take that!

Oh, and this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlveQ-qAw6o

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
Dang, that cliffhanger. :suspense:

Honeymoon form looks to me less rude and more like something out of Mechwarrior.

Demerine
Oct 10, 2007

Aithon posted:

Dang, that cliffhanger. :suspense:

Honeymoon form looks to me less rude and more like something out of Mechwarrior.

I wonder what a Cubivore/Mechwarrior crossover would look like.

And then I thought about heat sink flaps.

And then I stopped.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

I don't really have anything clever to say. New episode time. I have entitled it "Forty Four Pounds of Ice Cream."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es8QDUSVz5o

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
....... S-so are you doing that or is the LP over?.....

If it's over then I give it a 10/10 on yelp. If it's not then I await further flaps.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

There are some technical issues to iron out but we hope to give you a proper ending. Hopefully a little quicker than the last two.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
I await further flaps.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
Glad this is back! It really is a fascinating sort of madness.

And poetry. And lovely trumpets.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

I await further flaps.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Marathon'd through this over the past week after someone mentioned it in another LP.

What the gently caress is this game :psyduck: The minimalistic textures/models/sound design, combined with the objective to eat everything in sight, reminds me a lot of Noby Noby Boy of all things. I know that came from the Katamari guy, I don't suppose he was involved in this too?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
And this is where the game turns from being a mindless killer eating its way across the land, to being a calculating murderer planning ahead of time exactly which beasts to eat in what order to achieve MME (Max Mutation Efficiency).

It actually is possible to get 100 mutations by this point. You get a reward too, though I think you might have had to replay everything anyway?

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

It actually is possible to get 100 mutations by this point. You get a reward too, though I think you might have had to replay everything anyway?
Color Printer attempted to LP this game ages ago, and was meticulously routing stuff from the very beginning to avoid this little loop. :ssh: Had to stop the LP for some reason or another though.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

The loop will just give you more opportunities to listen to fae and liquidy go off on completely unrelated tangents. Who wouldn't want that?

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Casnorf posted:

The loop will just give you more opportunities to listen to fae and liquidy go off on completely unrelated tangents. Who wouldn't want that?

Considering you still haven't made some important jokes I'm okay with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Casnorf posted:

People who hate fun, that's who.

Luckily, I love fun. :allears:

• Locked thread