Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the best flash modifier?
Softlighter
Beauty Dish
Bedsheet taped to something
Octabank
Fleshlight
View Results

• Locked thread
Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

red19fire posted:

The final straw was for a beauty client. I spent like 12 hours assisting on a shoot of an entire portfolio for this high end hair salon. At the end of the day, I was helping one of the stylists load up their car with their gear, and she said something about '...that's why they pay you the big bucks, right?' and I didn't understand. She showed me the invoice. This fucker was charging $250/day for an 'assistant fee' but telling me it was an unpaid internship. I found out he had been doing this from the first day. gently caress YOU, PAY ME is now Hammurabi's loving code.

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

red19fire posted:

Why don't we also make this a PYF Idiots from Model Mayhem thread, too?

This is one of my favorite things, a model contacted me for a TFP shoot, the goddamn herpes of the photography industry. And she happened to have her own 'TFP model release':

It's a rights grab, and loving stupid, too. Model releases are a simple document: In exchange for X (the offer), Photographer is allowed to use Model's likeness for Y purpose (consideration). No one else gets to tell you how to use your IP, you get to tell them and then they say yes or no. You're not on the hook to edit any number of photos anytime they want, and have your work edited by an unknown 3rd party if you decline. gently caress that.

There was another one I can't find where the model wanted to be a co-copyright owner, as well as have a 3rd party editor involved. The problem is that desperate MM idiots will sign these hosed up agreements, so this BS will perpetuate.

I balked, responded with a hearty 'lol, yeah so here's what a real model release looks like' and she responded with gently caress you, i've gotten other idiots on model mayhem to sign this so therefore it's a real contract used throughout the photography industry. Dweebs with cameras pay me $100/hr for nude bodypaint bullshit photos, therefore I'm A Serious Professional Model.

Amateur legal documents are my absolute favorite things.

• Locked thread